Brake pad question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: The Critic
Originally Posted By: cousincletus
If you have a knowledgeable parts guy, he can tell you what the most rotor friendly pads are. That's what I would go with. You can get some high performance pads that are too hard and won't stop as well under normal driving conditions as others.

Why are you so concerned about rotor friendliness?

Rotors are inexpensive. You speak as though rotors are a sacred item that costs a ridiculous amount to replace.

SOME rotors are inexpensive, not all. nor are all easy to replace.

I have a grand caravan and have been using raybestos ceramic and the cheap china raybestos raymond with great results.

I have two other cars that I have been using the wagner thermo quiet. I have not had any issues with them either.

can you all provide opinions on the local chain pads & rotors: PepBoys & AdvanceAuto & Autozone & Napa?

I want ot replace my worn OE with aftermarkets for price, performance & less dust.

Kragen's Raybestos PG/Advance Technology rotors and pads seem to be good, my cousin installed them on his Accord without any issues.

I've not had any troubles with Autozone's Dura Last pads and rotors. I've used three sets on three different cars. Didn't notice any difference between them and the OEMs they replaced. They are a little dusty though- but again, no more dusty than the originals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back