Brake noise 08 saturn aura

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I posted here: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3430626/Re:_Brake_problem?_08_Saturn_A#Post3430626 Here is my concern- So I replaced the caliper on the pass rear side. New pads and rotors (all new hardware), and I greased the caliper slide pins. Well now its making a noise like a squeaky door hinge. It usually only makes the noise when I'm almost to a complete stop, or slowly moving with my brake on the pedal, ~10mph or less. It doesn't make the noise in reverse. I don't notice any loss in brake performance, its just a terrible noise that I really don't want to hear anymore because it is loud and I am concerned about it. I'm up for any suggestions on what this could be and how to fix it, thanks!

Originally Posted By: Lillikai
No I didnt put any on the back side of the pads. It doesnt have removable shims.
You can just butter the pads like a slice of bread with the brake lube! Don't use just grease! Grease will destroy your rubber compenents.

I always use some lube on the pads as a precuationary measure. I don't have any brake noises but, I always use good brake pads/shoes. Though one time when my duaghter bought her used car, the car dealers shop(prior to sale) installed some new pads all'round and for the life of me, I couldn't get the noises to stop. I lubed, took everthing apart, reassembled, cleaned, etc. IDK what they used for brakes??? These brakes made some noises everywhere! On a hot day, they'd make one noise(front or back). On a cool day, they'd make another squeal/noise. On a wet day, they'd make a completely different squeal/moan! Holy cow! So, even though there was good meat on all 4 corners of the car, I just decided to replace the brakes all'round with ceramic pads(rotors too). Lubed everything and the brakes haven't made a peep in 4 years. laugh Sometimes it just that way! CB

Last edited:

Lillikai

Oh I know cars can be a big pain in the butt sometimes! I've had my fair share of head scratching trouble shooting incidents. I definitely learned from this brake job to always grease up the back side of the pads. I put ceramic pads on so I didn't think the material was the cause of the noise. I want these pads to last and not dirty up my aftermarket wheels! Thanks again for the help, I'm now driving brake noise free. Now I need to replace the hub assembly on the passenger front! lol! If its not one thing, its another. cry

Status
Not open for further replies.