Brake fluid DOT 4 LV

I have access for free to Recochem OEM DOT 4 fluid synthetic apparently compatible with north american vehicule and ford is mentionned is it going to be enough for my f150 2014 even if there is no LV mention ? How low visc. is the LV oil compared to non LV

DOT 4 as specified in FMVSS 116 has a maximum viscosity of 1800 mm2/s at -40°

"Super DOT 4", "DOT 4 LV", or "DOT 4+" fluids are ISO 4925 Class 6 and have a maximum viscosity of 750 mm2/s at -40°

The Recochem DOT 4 does not claim to be Super/LV/+ or state that it meets Class 6, so I would not use it in a Ford requiring LV, you want a Class 6 or 7 fluid.

If you lived in a hot climate then using LV fluid might not be critical but the whole purpose of the LV fluid is to maintain the fast response times at low temperatures that the designer intended for anti lock braking and all the other modern stability controls that use the brakes. I would only use the correct LV fluid in a cold climate.

ok thanks to all of you guys LV its going to be ...... ok a long shot here, do you think one liter will be enough for a brake fluid flush on a F150 supercab ?

Back