bought the string trimmer - Husqvarna 4-cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.
in a previous thread I was bemoaning my frustration with a POS ryobi strimmer, and the choice of what to get. Since the goal is 10 years, I ended up on the Husq, ordered over amazon. Money well spent.

It's light, no heavier than an echo 2-cycle.
It does not do attachments
frown.gif

It starts on the second pull, consistently.
It has plenty of power.
Burns clean
The force required to pull the starter rope is comparable to the ryobi without a spark plug. IDK how they made it so easy.
The trim head looks promising--- big, thick plastic, that is also sort of soft but not yet rubbery.
the engine is the little honda
There is no clip point for a shoulder strap; that must be added on.
I haven't put it through its paces yet but look forward to it once the weather clears. I do feel this was money well-spent.

I recall your earlier thread since I was in a similar situation with a Ryobi and a Homelite trimmer. I've been researching trimmers and was leaning toward an Ehco when I found a lightly used Honda HHT25S on craigslist. I hadn't considered the Honda with a list price of $349 but for $75(after a LOT of haggling), I'm happy. It needed a new trimmer head and I found I could use the Echo or Husq as a direct replacement. I picked the Echo. I've put almost 2hrs use on it and couldn't be more pleased. Starts on 2nd pull cold and 1st pull hot every time.

Homelite is garbage. I have a 4 cycle Cub Cadet and it runs great plus I have something else to change oil in!

I run Mobil 1 in it.

You will be well served by the Husqvarna.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back