Anyone serviced a honda 4 cycle single stage?

Years ago I bought a brand new honda 5 hp 4 cycle flapper. Big metal bar to adjust where it blows. No drive wheels ...just the flapper pulling the machine.
Mine has a belt squeel under load. And you have to lift the handle to get the snow cleared to the driveway.
I have not yet done anything but change oil on this machine. Is it pretty easy to get at the belt and replace the paddles or edges or scraper bar parts ??
Not super impressed. Bet the machine has only 15 hours since new and its difficult to get it to get down to the surface. Think I paid 600 for it. I think i bought it so my daughter could use it and help me out. I think she prefers driving a large frame tractor / snowblower.

15 hours isn't a ton of use...but single stage machines do wear out their rubber paddles and the more they wear the worse job they do of cleaning to the pavement. I know Toro paddles have a little hole set in from the edge to show replacement time (when you wear to the hole)...bet Honda has something similar to show the wear?

Can't speak to Hondas but on Toro single stage there isn't much to do to them...oil changes, occasional carb clean and then the usual replacement parts of belt, scraper and paddles. Not like a big 2 stage with grease zerks, disc drive, chain, etc.

Back