Bought a truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't be happier, bought a new truck. 2019 F150 XLT, 4x4 with the 2.7 Ecoboost. Have about 100 miles on it so far. I have never had a vehicle from new. It is so weird!

The color is Abyss Grey Metallic. From what I've heard, it is a love it or hate it color. I love it. It reminds me of the Leadfoot Grey they used to have.

Truck handles great -- with all of the expansion joints, potholes, manhole covers and general poor road quality here in Western New York, I am seeing why so many people drive trucks/truck-based SUVs. They take these bumps much easier. I have not beat on the little EcoBoost yet, but have given it about 1/2 throttle and man does the thing pull once the turbos spool up. Very cool and very enjoyable. Supposed to be 325hp/400lb-ft.

I got the Sport Package on the XLT trim. So 18" wheels, nice sport cloth seats, front heated seats, heated mirrors, heated rear window, power sliding rear window, dimming mirrors. Everything I could want. Good looking wheel with still some meat between the road and wheel. 275s on this thing, that's a good size tire.

Love it so far. So much more comfortable than an 4cyl Honda. So the wife's new car is now the 17 Taurus with 22k and she is happier than ever going from a 14 Civic Coupe to that. All in all, life is good.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Congratulations … like the color and absence of chrome …

Take another whiff of that new car smell !

Very cool! I like the color. It's different, but still fairly neutral. Congrats OP!

I like that color. Enjoy! The people of Michigan thank you for your patronage. If you want it to have a long life in upstate NY, find a Krown shop, and get started promptly on annual resprays.

Great looking truck! How do you like the 2.7 ecoboost? It amazes me that such a small displacement has enough power for a half-ton.

Congrats! Nice looking truck and I love that color!

Just tried taking my mom's 2015 Camry to that Quick Lane in the background for a state inspection last week.
lol.gif
Total disarray in there that day. Got it done elsewhere.

Last edited:
Nice to see not everybody wants a 4-door truck these days. The 2-doors look a lot sportier. I woulda waited 2 months for a 2020 if I wanted new, but if you got a good deal, that's great.

Nice truck, like the colour a lot. Agree that it is rare to see a non 4-door truck.

Also agree about getting it rust-proofed regularly.

Gotta ask - oil plans going forward?

Originally Posted by WyrTwister
What kind of gas mileage is the little 4 cylinder getting .

Looks nice ! Hope you really enjoy it .

The Ford 2.7 EcoBoost is a V6.

Enjoy the truck!

My 2016 F150 with the 2.7 is over 43,000 miles now. Problem free to this point except for a differential cover leak. Can't say enough about the engine. It does everything the old 5.4 did in my 2004 F150, but better. Way quicker, better fuel economy, similar fuel economy when towing, way more power on tap at seemingly any throttle level. Still puts a smile on my face three years later...

Good looking truck
Congratulations and enjoy the new ride
Hope it gives you 20 easy and good years of service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back