Bought a 2023 Palisade today

I never noticed Palisades much before.

I never did either, now I see them everywhere. Had no idea they were this popular.

On the other hand my 04 Mercury Marauder, I bought it in April of 2019 and have only seen a few of them on the road since then. Maybe 5 or 6

No complaints on the dealer at all. I’ve had some crappy salesman in the past and the guy we dealt with was awesome. He did his regular sales pitch and wasn’t pushy at all when we said no thanks.

Here’s a pic, it’s dark out and not the best. I just got done installing led bulbs in the reverse lights and tag bulbs and WOW what a difference, especially how much it lights up the reverse camera. Tomorrow I’m dropping it off to get the window tint done on my way into work and my wife will pick it up in the evening. I ended up going with Llumar IRX film. 40% on the front 2 windows and 25% on the rear sides and back glass
Which dealer was it?

Well my wife did anyway. She had been on a wait list for about 4 months now. Got the call Saturday morning that it had arrived and they asked if we could be there Sunday at noon to test drive it. It’s white with black leather, top of the line calligraphy model. I’m not an suv kinda guy, but it’s pretty nice, she really seems to enjoy it anyway. I’m surprised that everything in it is power except the tilt wheel. Also all the lights seem to be led except the reverse bulbs. Those can be swapped out easily I suppose.

This had to be the easiest car buying experience I’ve ever dealt with. No pressure whatsoever. They are an MSRP dealer only, no “ market adjustment “ or any dumb fees like that. My wife had called several dealers initially to weed those out. They asked if we wanted any extended warranties and we said no. Sticker price was 53.5k. OTD price was just under 57k after processing fees/ destination and taxes. We were out of the dealer start to finish in an hour and 40 mins, and that included them detailing it. We got there when they opened and it wasn’t done yet

Going to make an appt to get the windows tinted this week, and I ordered her a set of weather tech floor mats for Christmas.
Looks perfect in White! I have been buying but White vehicles for decades.

I see a ton of Palisades on I-95 when I head to NYC from Miami. Spoke to a few owners at rest stops and all said they loved them.

All said they were running plain old regular fuel in them. I only use regular in my Tahoe and friend only uses regular in his 6.2 Denali so you will be just fine using 87 octane. But I would only use Top Tier fuel like Exxon-Mobil.

Glad you found a good dealer to deal with as they are hard to find.

I havd some life long friends that from the beginning would share their car purchase with me and I with them. These day they buy Ferraies and fancy BMWs etc. I enjoy them showing me them and the benefit is I get to test drive them. I buy Ford or Toyota pick ups for the past 40 something and I show them and they want to test drive them so theydo. I will say thanks for sharing and I do not consider it gloating.
When I buy a 5-8 yr old MB, people make comments about it. "You drive a Mercedes, you must be doing ok". They don't realize that they probably paid more for their SUVs and pick-ups. Mercedes look really good when they are old if they receive reasonable care. I had a 22yr old convertible that had the original top and no creases or cracks in the leather. I just bought a 14 MB convertible that except for a few scratches and water spots. looks new. Leather interior is like new.

I'm kind of surprised at the controversy in this thread. This is a car forum and cars cost what they cost. I don't think it's out of line or rude to post about a car you bought and are happy with.
I thought he was happy with no crazy mark-up, not bragging. His wife had called numerous dealers to find one that didn't mark it up. These dealers should receive publicity for not doing that. My GF bought a new Toyota Avalon last fall and we had to go to another state to find a dealer that would sell us @msrp. I reported it on here.

I rode in one of these and was really impressed with the interior and features. Seemed to have cameras everywhere. For the money, it's a very nice SUV. Congrats!

Back