Bosch Marathon wiper blades: junk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm no longer using Bosch blades anymore. Their prices are very high and their quality has gone down as well. After trying many different brands, my favorite by far is Valeo 600 series. You can find them on Amazon for pretty cheap. They are super quiet and don't leave any streaks at all.

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Originally Posted By: sciphi
The Wally's Bosch blades are made in China, while the ones in my Buick are from Belgium.

The Icons, (NO MATTER who's the retailer) ALL seem to be made in China now.
frown.gif

The last set of Icons I had on the car (bought almost 4 years ago) were made in Belgium.

Next go 'round I am trying the completely made in (upstate NY) U.S.A. Silblades, despite their cost.
wink.gif
34.gif

I emailed Silblade to ask where their wipers were made, because I saw no mention of it on their website. The parts are made in the USA (they didn't say where) but they wipers are assembled in Taiwan. FYI.

You should try the Icons I really have good luck with them. I get 2-3 years out of a set which I think is pretty good.

Originally Posted By: bxd20
Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Originally Posted By: sciphi
The Wally's Bosch blades are made in China, while the ones in my Buick are from Belgium.

The Icons, (NO MATTER who's the retailer) ALL seem to be made in China now.
frown.gif

The last set of Icons I had on the car (bought almost 4 years ago) were made in Belgium.

Next go 'round I am trying the completely made in (upstate NY) U.S.A. Silblades, despite their cost.
wink.gif
34.gif

I emailed Silblade to ask where their wipers were made, because I saw no mention of it on their website. The parts are made in the USA (they didn't say where) but they wipers are assembled in Taiwan. FYI.

VERY sorry to hear that, as one of the reasons I was going to drop the (relatively) big coin on them was because I thought that they were 200% U.S. made (materials, labor, EVERYTHING).
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: adamrc
I'm no longer using Bosch blades anymore. Their prices are very high and their quality has gone down as well. After trying many different brands, my favorite by far is Valeo 600 series.

I agree with you on the Bosches, as I REFUSE to spend TOP (or close to it) dollar on Sino made wiper blades.
31.gif

Are the 600 series Valeos the ones Tire Rack sells, or another line completely??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back