Bosch appliances

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
On Saturday I ordered a Bosch washer from Sears to replace my Maytag that doesn't work correctly.

My old German buddy is hardcore about German appliances (to the point of bringing them over from Germany and running them off a step-up transformer) and he's got an old set of Bosch euro laundry equipment that is something like close to 20 years old that still works like new.

I did a fair bit of research before purchasing the washer and every review I read was excellent. Washer should be here tomorrow.

Anyway, this has got me interested in other Bosch appliances. They appear to make pretty much everything. Does anybody have any experience with their stuff? Good? Bad?

I have a number of Bosch power tools that I've been very satisfied with.

I have a Bosch range. Overall good mechanical quality but I do have some minor complains:

The ignition of one of the 4 burner isn't very good, sometimes have to hold it for 5 seconds before the flame is ignited.

The touch screen for the oven / time setting are not very sensitive at all, sometimes you need to press a few times before it sense that you are pressing it.

No, it is not a cheap one either, this thing is $600-700 before tax.

Last edited:
We have a Bosch washer/dryer. Have been very happy. It was the best value. Pretty sure ours are US, not German-made.

Yeah, I think the larger capacity ones are US, not German made. Doesn't matter to me where Bosch makes them as long as it is first-world
wink.gif
I believe most of my Bosch tools are of US origin if I remember correctly.

My parents who live in Europe have a Bosch clothes washer/dryer. Over there, it's the same appliance that performs both duties. It takes up half the space, but the drying duty isn't as good as a dedicated clothes dryer, IMO. Anyway, they've had it for about 5 years now and I think they're happy with it.

As for power tools, I've got a Bosch hammer drill, but I only used it once, so I can't comment on its reliability. However, my dad is an electrical contractor and has used their stuff quite a bit. From what I've heard from him, he prefers Hitachi over Bosch for power tools.

Bosch were at one time imported from Germany now they are made in the USA by BSH Home Appliances, a joint venture with Siemens.
Years ago in the 80's Bosch appliances were made by AEG or Siemens, both were top shelf so nothing has really changed.
Both brands are sold in Europe under their old names and are considered similar in quality (by independent testing) to the high priced Miele brand machines which are still considered the benchmark.

Good stuff!

http://www.bsh-group.us/index.php?108108

We remodeled our house in 2006 and installed Bosch range, dishwasher and washer & dryer. All still work great and would purchase again.

No experience with Bosch at all. My relatives in Europe normally buy Italian or French made appliances. I think the washer/drier they have (it's one device that both washes and dries the clothes) is Indesit.

I don't think we get these kind of appliances here.

Does your new Bosch have a heated dry?
Are the dishes & plastics dry at the end?

I bought a top dollar Maytag which leaves the dishes wet & I hate that.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Bosch were at one time imported from Germany now they are made in the USA by BSH Home Appliances, a joint venture with Siemens.

Becareful there. My Bosch range is made in China.

Our Bosch dishwasher lasted about 15 years before it went belly up. I'm not sure I consider that good, but it may be good for appliances these days. It got replaced with another Bosch unit.

Originally Posted By: cchase
Our Bosch dishwasher lasted about 15 years before it went belly up. I'm not sure I consider that good, but it may be good for appliances these days. It got replaced with another Bosch unit.

Well our kitchenaid is well over 20 years old and running, but not washing well. Assuming that the tips on the washer cleaning thread do not work, we will likely be in the market.

Ive heard kitchenaid has gone down, so Im thinking it is the norm, unfortunately.

Originally Posted By: Radman

This is for washing clothing
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

smile.gif

That's a separate machine? Now I know why my clothes all shrink
wink.gif

Anyway, this has got me interested in other Bosch appliances. They appear to make pretty much everything. Does anybody have any experience with their stuff? Good? Bad?

I think it's junk.

When I bought our second house, I made a real effort to put all U.S. made products in it, and the major appliances I bought were Bosch.

The very expensive washer dryer combo have been OK, and they look nice. But for 2+ G's, they ought to.

The refrigerator freezer, another 2+ G item, is a true POS, albeit a nice looking stainless steel one. Whatever system senses the refrigerator being shut is apparently incapable of being made to function properly. Furtherm the ice maker in the freezer apparently goes above freezing and then refreezes, so instead of ice cubes, it contains an amorphous mass of ice.

It's always nice to get up to the house after a few weeks and find where the freezer has ran water out all over the floor. I've given up on the dolts that service appliances being able to fix any of this and have resigned myself to throwing it away and getting another brand.

No more Bosch for me. Ever.

Wow, Win's experience sounds like mine with GE refrigerators. Overall, I have been happiest with Whirlpool and Kenmore appliances. Realize that Kenmore could be made by GE or Whirlpool, or someone else, but servicing and reliability has not been an issue. That was true for my parents' purchases, in the good old days, too.

smile.gif

I knew there was a reason my wife won't let me do the dishes or the laundry. Although I do know she keeps shrinking ALL of my clothes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back