Bonneville sighting

Spot on. That a 1964 Bonnie. 389 or 421.
They had the funny, wide stance windshield wipers until later.
The fender mirrors should be round, not rectangular.... I thought they came with only driver's side, maybe passenger side was optional?
I think they were offered in a towing package. Its been a lot of years the non tow package had door mounted drivers mirror with r/side optional.
Late 50's to mid 60's were the car we worked on when I started trade school in 71. Very easy cars to work on.

Manufacturers would mount a plaque with the owners name on the glove box if a customer special ordered a car back in the day. Looks like this one might have one. Owner has “the club” mounted on the steering wheel as well! :)

I like it. My first car was a '62 Bonneville ragtop. It looked just like this one. I was 20 years old and stationed
at Barber's Pont Naval Air Station.
SNAG-14102415105000_zps1582e6c6 (1).JPG

The fender mirrors didn't do much for ya. You needed to twist around and look!
And were a pain to adjust if you were by yourself and someone had bumped them. It was always much easier when the girlfriend was with me and she could tweak them just right for me. Down a little... left just a tad... there, right there!!

Refresh my mind please. Second photo, passenger side just forward of the door on the panel below the glove box there is a knob or something.

Vent control? Hat hook?

I think engine and trans may not be original to the chassis. It appears that someone put P-R-N-D-S-L above the original quadrant. This shift pattern is for a later model 3-speed Hydra-Matic and not the original 4-speed Hydra-Matic; P-N-'D'-L-R. IIRC, the later 3-speeds (TH350/TH400) won't bolt up to pre-'64 blocks.

It's hard to find these old Pontiacs in this condition. I'd like to see what's under the hood. (y)

The BITOG knowledge base is amazing.

I thought about hanging around a few minutes to see if the owner would show but I had the dogs along and they just weren't interested in it. Guys will always talk about their car.

Back