BMW N55 Recommendations

The very thread you commented on has answers to your “question”. Furthermore, your own comments answered your own “question“. Lastly, did you even bother to look at this other thread? https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/bmw-n55-forced-to-choose-something-new.330593/

Scott
There was no answer that, I decided to create an account and ask a specific question about my car. Was there a question and a car the same like "BMW 335i / BM3 Stage 1 / 50% city - 50% highway / high RPM on the highways / no track days / max 5k km oil-change interval"? Show me if there was such a person with these specifications among the answers. If yes, I will apologize, otherwise you will do. You do not have a right to behave such an arrogant to a normal question, even I didnt want to create a new thread and did search on forum firstly and asked my question as an answer in the thread.

There is no way the temperature will ever be low enough in Egypt for there to be any difference between two oils with a 0W and a 5W winter rating.

Plus what do you expect to gain by using those additives with a fully formulated motor oil?

There was no answer that, I decided to create an account and ask a specific question about my car. Was there a question and a car the same like "BMW 335i / BM3 Stage 1 / 50% city - 50% highway / high RPM on the highways / no track days / max 5k km oil-change interval"? Show me if there was such a person with these specifications among the answers. If yes, I will apologize, otherwise you will do. You do not have a right to behave such an arrogant to a normal question, even I didnt want to create a new thread and did search on forum firstly and asked my question as an answer in the thread.
Elnur, you’re making this too easy.

Craig from the other thread:
N55 motor
Tuned
Cold winters
6km-9km OCIs
85km miles

You:
N55 motor
Tuned
Cold winters
5km OCIs
155km miles

Close enough.

Then you go on to state you want to use a 0W-40. You have two excellent high SAPS choices, both specifically mentioned by name on this thread and the other; Mobil 1 and Castrol.

What more do you need to know? Additive compatibility with those oils? You won’t find much love for additives when using a certified, fully fortified, high quality motor oil. Is you BM3 tune so special it needs a special oil? Perhaps you should ask them.

Also too, why did you say “and asked my question as an answer in the thread”? Sounds you got your answer - and got it from yourself.

Scott

Last edited:
OK, I will play.
Two best 0W40 choices: Catsrol and Mobil1.
Additives? Why? Do you know what you getting as result of adding additives? How will that react with oil? No manufacturer is going to recommend using additives: Period!
Now, if you think you need something more bcs. tune, you are wrong. Mobil1 0W40 has ZDDP at 1100ppm, Catsrol is close behind. Theya re already loaded with additives, but in the way where they made sure everything works together.
Now, it would be good to tell us where you live? Any 5W ACEA A3 oil will do good in winter where temperature goes down to -45. So where you at?

Back