BMW LL-01 avaliable again locally.

I was running Mobil 1 0w 40 then went to Castrol 0w 40. After they both lost BMW LL01 I stuck with Castrol edge OW 40.
Well yesterday I picked up 5w 40 Castrol euro formula that meets the spec. Its made in USA unlike there 0W 40 oil made in Belgium.

Some might say it doesn't matter but it's for my daughters car that sometimes sees 10k+ between changes.

Castrol 5w40 gets dogged on here a good bit because it doesn't have the PAO it's brother does, but it meets a ton of approvals and I have used it multiple times with very good results.
Only because it is very slightly overshadowed by its 0w40 brother. PAO or not, it is still a very stout motor oil. But splitting hairs is kind of what we do here, and many of us, myself included, can't help but chase that extra 1%. Especially when it is the same price.

at one point that oil had a crap add pack, maybe with the reformulation it’s a solid G3 oil. people love worshipping low-med G4 blends even when M1 0W40 has barely had any for a long time.

i run 5W-30 castrol euro because they don't make a 10W-30 Euro version.

>:)

Hey I am emotionally attached to my crusade against Castrol 5W40 :)

Well if you were in my area I could get you some of this rack of ribs to help support your "emotional eating" to help you cope.... This is on right now matter of fact.

:LOL:

Attachments

• IMG_20210209_165822043.jpg
    IMG_20210209_165822043.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 17
Well if you were in my area I could get you some of this rack of ribs to help support your "emotional eating" to help you cope.... This is on right now matter of fact.

:LOL:
Are you uisng synthetic or conventional charcoal? What's the change interval you stick to? What's their flashpoint and do any contain PAO or esters? Please run a VOA AND UOA of said charcoal. Thanks.

Castrol 5w40 has been out a while, and has had the approval for a long time as well. Use it with confidence.

Are you uisng synthetic or conventional charcoal? What's the change interval you stick to? What's their flashpoint and do any contain PAO or esters? Please run a VOA AND UOA of said charcoal. Thanks.

Castrol 5w40 has been out a while, and has had the approval for a long time as well. Use it with confidence.
It has been out for a long time. You should hear valve lifters on my VW Passat 1.8T around 4k on that oil. So, not sure about confidence.

It has been out for a long time. You should hear valve lifters on my VW Passat 1.8T around 4k on that oil. So, not sure about confidence.
Interesting. Does he same happen for non turbo application/direct injection applications?

Back