BMW E90 Thrust Arm Bushings

I am still working on getting them in

I just got the ball joint end to 175 nm, and it was a fight ☹️ . I had to use breaker bar to tighten, as the torque wrench didn’t get enough leverage

I still need to torque in 90 more degrees, plus a bunch of other crap

I doubt I will get done tonight, but I should have a good update tomorrow
Ugga dugga gun would’ve gotten you to spec.

I finally finished installing the splash shield this morning

I also put some Raybestos element 3 ceramic front brake pads on

Everything seems good. The car doesn’t seem to wander when braking hard, but I only drove 3 miles today, so hard to tell for sure

Brakes wise, no more squealing. They’re dead silent. There is definitely a little bit less initial bite, but they stop smoothly, and still with good stopping power

The curse word count did get pretty high, though
I just noticed this thread so probably too late. If I recall correctly, the subframe end of the arm should be torqued with the suspension loaded. You can set the car down on a ramp to get enough room.

I just noticed this thread so probably too late. If I recall correctly, the subframe end of the arm should be torqued with the suspension loaded. You can set the car down on a ramp to get enough room.
Definitely. The Bentley or FSM should give a ride or body height measurement.

There are other ways to load the suspension.

Back