BMW: Big grill, "Very positive feedback"

Status
Not open for further replies.

wemay

Site Donor 2023
Apparently BITOG is in the minority...

https://www.motor1.com/news/388495/bmw-big-grille-positive-feedback/amp/

The larger-than-life kidney is here to stay, at least on some vehicles.

BMWs are getting massive kidney grilles, and there's nothing you can do to stop it. Actually, a report from Autocar suggests people don't want to stop this trend, at least according to BMW. The news outlet cites BMW Senior VP of Product Management Peter Henrich as saying feedback to the automaker's bonkers grille "has been very positive."

That's a bold statement considering the litany of negative comments we get on BMW articles referencing the larger-than-life grille for vehicles like the X7 and the upcoming 4 Series. Admittedly, we aren't conducting an official poll, and people generally are motivated to post about things they don't like as opposed to things they do. Still, we're keen to know more about this feedback. Are we talking about current BMW customers? Focus groups? A general survey of various online BMW forums and digital halls filled with Bimmer enthusiasts? We've contacted BMW in hopes of learning more about the feedback, and we'll circle back if new information surfaces.

Screenshot_20191217-185508_Google News.jpg

That one is a little 2 big for me. I like the size and aggressiveness of the 2020 X5.

So BMW paid a consulting agency a small fortune and that outfit told the brass tacks at BMW what they wanted to hear? Nah, couldn't be.
crackmeup2.gif
smirk.gif

I definitely think it is about BMW "saving face" in this case because honestly this came out making the company looking like fools. I can almost promise you that in a year or two they'll be scrapping these ridiculous grillzzz.

Worse than Lexus and it took me a while to get used to it, had to tell myself you can't see it from the inside. A friend who wanted a Lexus couldn't get over the grill and bought a MB instead. This seems to be gaining grounds with most makes.
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted by KCJeep
Looks like a whale straining water for plankton. I don't get the huge grill craze at all.

Haaaaaahahahaha!!!

Don't write off BMW's polarizing design language. It's worked very well for them in the past.

People ridiculed BMW about Chris Bangle's "flame surfacing" designs.

That was the design era when BMW overtook Mercedes Benz as the largest premium car manufacturer.

Originally Posted by MrHorspwer
Don't write off BMW's polarizing design language. It's worked very well for them in the past.

People ridiculed BMW about Chris Bangle's "flame surfacing" designs.

That was the design era when BMW overtook Mercedes Benz as the largest premium car manufacturer.

It's not because of Bangle's butt, it's just because they started aggressively leasing, and they still had some decent driving dynamics across the model line up.

The Bangle Butt was roundly ridiculed among the car enthusiast community for years. NOBODY (for the most part) ever truly liked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back