Bluetooth speaker

I'm looking for a Bluetooth speaker, just to use in my garage, or in my driveway or in my backyard, I'm not looking to spend Bose money, I'm looking for halfway decent sound. Also halfway decent bass I see good reviews for OontZ speakers I guess they are distributed by Cambridge sound works. It's not going to be nowhere near a pool or anything like that. But playtime quality I would definitely like it to last for a good amount of hours. At least for half the day.. if you have something if you could send me the link would be great. Thanks

I have a Bose Soundlink Revolve . It’s one of the best speakers I’ve heard and worth the money . For cheap go to Amazon look under JBL or Sony and find one you can afford.
I have heard good things about Oontz.

I have a jbl charge. It was a gift awhile back and I really like it. However it’s one of the larger ones so I think it’s closer to $100.

if you can go 100 the HK is nice.

Harman Kardon Onyx Studio​

Under that you are looking at offbrands of disappointment mostly.

I have the HK onyx 4 and it doesnt disappoint
the HK6 is currently 109 (ebay sold by HK)

IIRC the hk6 has a 50watt RMS amp plugged into wall and 25w rms on battery.

Those other speakers that say 20watts.. that is peak.. probably 5watts RMS.

I would like to stay under $50
I'm looking for halfway decent sound. Also halfway decent bass
You need to up your budget, IMO. $100 would probably do it. Walmart has some JBL options that have always looked good (and sounded good, as much as you can tell in the store) for sub-$100.

Stick to well-known brands for speakers too.

You need to up your budget, IMO. $100 would probably do it.
I'd agree. Plus good bass comes with size, size usually comes from money.

This looks interesting

I'd agree. Plus good bass comes with size, size usually comes from money.
This looks interesting

its rated at 80w but more like 10w.
it will run 24+ hours on battery.
The battery is aprox 40watt hours.. so if its running for 24hours

Thats not to say the 50watt rms amp in the HK uses 50watts. but its a whole lot more than the motionboom.

hk6 specs
Transducers: Woofer 1 x 120mm, Tweeter 1 x 25mm
Rated Power: 1 x 50W RMS Bi-amp (AC mode)

the 120mm woofer gives you the bass.

Last edited:
I have the Oontz Amazonian Alexa version. I wanted something cheap and reasonably weather resistant that I could play Prime music though. The sound is not great, not perfect but valuewise it is a good value. I would buy again.

The interface is GD weird though

Note: our two Panasonic BT speakers will not play Prime music

I replaced my old jbl flip with an anker sound core 3 years since the battery clocked out and wouldn't last even 40. Bought the jbl in 2013 on a big sale for $59 so i got my moneys worth so it was a good first bluetooth speaker.

To my surprise the anker is just about as good and it was under 30. I was expecting it to get bad at high volumes even though i almost never need it but no it still sounds good. Use it occasionally when grilling, having a little gathering, or doing some work.

I'm just looking to play Pandora music off the Bluetooth speaker.. and maybe YouTube YouTube
What loudness. Like enough for a handful of people to hear well at 20 feet. An anker soundcore like the one i have is plenty enough for that. Now if it's a 30+ person outdoor party then it won't do it.

What loudness. Like enough for a handful of people to hear well at 20 feet. An anker soundcore like the one i have is plenty enough for that. Now if it's a 30+ person outdoor party then it won't do it.

Pretty much just for me if I'm working on my car or something, or if I'm sitting at my yard.. playing with my dog.. was just sitting in front of my house.. right now all I'm doing is just listening to my phone.. or a tiny boombox, or occasionally I might bring my Bose system, out in the garage..

Pretty much just for me if I'm working on my car or something, or if I'm sitting at my yard.. playing with my dog.. was just sitting in front of my house.. right now all I'm doing is just listening to my phone.. or a tiny boombox, or occasionally I might bring my Bose system, out in the garage..
Anything will do, even those 15 dollar Walmart speakers though I'd still spend a bit more. This is the one i have https://www.amazon.com/Anker-SoundCore-Playtime-Bluetooth-Portable/dp/B016XTADG2

I paid 28 for it which was already great but it's on sale for 22 now so it's a steal.

Back