Blue-Emu Maximum Pain Relief 500 at Martinsville

Wow... a lot going on in your post!

Sears point (Sonoma) is a pretty great race track. Used to race there back in the 70's 80's with a formula Ford. (I was the crew chief, mechanic, and chief bottle washer.) Lots of hills and hiking to get around that track. We had two poles there and were leading both races. In the first one, somebody kamikazed us in turn 11 and took us out. The second one the crankshaft broke with one lap to go.

I'm a bit sour on COTA. I rode down there for the inaugural MotoGP race a few years back. What a great racetrack! Their policies were a bit rough though. Wouldn't let me bring an unopened bottle of water or Subway sandwich onto the property. (Texas motor speedway on the other hand, allows you to bring ANYTHING in as long as it's not in glass. Really nice!)

What are your intentions with the Cup chassis? (The engine leases are a bit pricy though. ) I guess there are going to be a lot of them coming available at the end of this year, eh? Nascar did announce that they are going to keep using the current chassis for any dirt races in the future.
I was supposed to run Sonoma in December in the Lemons CRX my friends and I all co-own but that got cancelled.

I went to COTA in 2013 for the V8 Supercar race and absolutely loved it. They let me bring a bottle of water in my backpack and I had some snacks also, but anything big I just got at the track. I had tickets in the main grandstand so I could get food in the bar there.

The Cup chassis will replace my 95 Mustang as my track rat car. Going to build an LS based engine for it since they already make motor plates for them either through Ilmor for the ARCA 396/NT-1 engine, or through Hendrick for their Track Attack cars. For a trans I was thinking of getting the new Tremec 5 speed that replaced the TKO since they are about the same price as a 4 speed. I am hoping for a road race chassis since everything theoretically should be symmetrical so that would be ideal at my 2 closest tracks, Buttonwillow and Willow Springs.

Wow... a lot going on in your post!

Sears point (Sonoma) is a pretty great race track. Used to race there back in the 70's 80's with a formula Ford. (I was the crew chief, mechanic, and chief bottle washer.) Lots of hills and hiking to get around that track. We had two poles there and were leading both races. In the first one, somebody kamikazed us in turn 11 and took us out. The second one the crankshaft broke with one lap to go.

I'm a bit sour on COTA. I rode down there for the inaugural MotoGP race a few years back. What a great racetrack! Their policies were a bit rough though. Wouldn't let me bring an unopened bottle of water or Subway sandwich onto the property. (Texas motor speedway on the other hand, allows you to bring ANYTHING in as long as it's not in glass. Really nice!)

What are your intentions with the Cup chassis? (The engine leases are a bit pricy though. ) I guess there are going to be a lot of them coming available at the end of this year, eh? Nascar did announce that they are going to keep using the current chassis for any dirt races in the future.
How many NFL Football Stadiums, MLB Baseball Stadiums, NHL Hockey Stadiums or NBA Arenas will let you bring in bottled water and a Sub Way sandwich? This racetrack is a bisiness! Buy their concessions!

How many NFL Football Stadiums, MLB Baseball Stadiums, NHL Hockey Stadiums or NBA Arenas will let you bring in bottled water and a Sub Way sandwich? This racetrack is a bisiness! Buy their concessions!

That's a fair point Berlin. You're certainly correct.
I guess that at the time, I was on a pretty tight budget and that stuck with me.

I was supposed to run Sonoma in December in the Lemons CRX my friends and I all co-own but that got cancelled.

I went to COTA in 2013 for the V8 Supercar race and absolutely loved it. They let me bring a bottle of water in my backpack and I had some snacks also, but anything big I just got at the track. I had tickets in the main grandstand so I could get food in the bar there.

The Cup chassis will replace my 95 Mustang as my track rat car. Going to build an LS based engine for it since they already make motor plates for them either through Ilmor for the ARCA 396/NT-1 engine, or through Hendrick for their Track Attack cars. For a trans I was thinking of getting the new Tremec 5 speed that replaced the TKO since they are about the same price as a 4 speed. I am hoping for a road race chassis since everything theoretically should be symmetrical so that would be ideal at my 2 closest tracks, Buttonwillow and Willow Springs.

Holy smokes! Yeah, that ought to make a pretty darn good track car. LOL. Should also be able to pickup some wheels pretty cheap too.
An aluminum block LS should be pretty neat. In regards to the Tremec; wouldn't that just be adding an overdrive gear?

Hopefully you get to run the Lemons this year. That sure looks like a lot of fun!

Holy smokes! Yeah, that ought to make a pretty darn good track car. LOL. Should also be able to pickup some wheels pretty cheap too.
An aluminum block LS should be pretty neat. In regards to the Tremec; wouldn't that just be adding an overdrive gear?

Hopefully you get to run the Lemons this year. That sure looks like a lot of fun!
Basically yes, it is a 4 speed with an overdrive. I think the new ones that replace the TKO-600 are somewhere in the $2,500 range which is still cheaper than a road race 4 speed.

Lemons all depends on the other people in my group not crashing the car again.

They tested wet weather tires at Martinsville last week. The ultimate goal is to be able to run on a wet, but not currently being rained on, flat oval.
NASCAR Euro may race on ice.

“That was super fun. To be honest, we didn’t expect this first test on ice to go so well. The EuroNASCAR car has a great balance, so it is very easy to swing around on the ice,” said Jerome Galpin, the series’ president and CEO, who piloted the test car.

“It is probably among the most versatile race cars ever built, able to race on every track and every surface, in every condition. The level of performance is also pretty impressive: with only one day of testing, we were able to set one of the fastest times around the track for a rear-wheel drive car.”

Back