blower motor brand to buy?

According to a few websites, there's a equivalent part number that's been discontinued - 5NEH19805AD.

Made by Siemens.

Lots of used units on eBay but for what they're selling for, dealer still sounds best. Guaranteed compatibility and a 1 year warranty.

edit: the Siemens is still being sold by Nissan in Europe but for $800 under part number 27215EC060. Big difference compared to the model sold by Nissan USA for $200 retail.

Last edited:
I went with a cheapie years ago and regretted it… it made an atrocious whine which was most pronounced in speeds 1 and 2, with 4 total. Unfortunately, those were the speeds I used the most…. but it was really bad and used 3 after the replacement. Sold the van not too long after, would have replaced it again if we were to keep it.

Reactions: D60
That's the wrong one, it's only got the Special Feature "make cool." I'm guessing during this time of year OP needs the "make hot" model.....
20221125_124037.jpg

Anyone here ever tried to get a local (or not so local) motor rebuilder to do it?
OR reused the OEM bracket with a universal blower motor? If I was going to pay north of $100 anyway, I'd start researching that angle if it looks possible for the particular blower in question.

Last edited:
Reactions: D60
Sorry, that must be the Australian spec one we need this time of year….
Either way it sucks 'cause twice a year you're swapping from make cool to make hot.

Dagnabit you'd think if we can successfully build fuel injection we could produce a make cool AND make hot model. Geesh!

It's a blower motor, not a fusion reactor. Just go on rockauto or a junkyard and buy a cheap one. It will work fine.
I bought the best one rockauto sells and it lasted 6 months - hence this thread. Seems some others have had the same issue with that brand.

I agree with you however, you would thinking building a 12VDC fan motor would be easy.

If it's just a 5 minute job, just buy a cheap generic one on Amazon, and see how it works. If it is quiet you win. If it's loud return it and get one from Nissan

Back