Blender in a can?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found a place online that mixes custom base coat for pretty much any vehicle color. They also sell clear coat and blender in a spray can. I wonder if anybody here has used blender in a spray can and if the result was decent. This is not about hoping to get either a 100% color match or a factory-like finish. The repair would be on an old daily driver, for example, to touch up a corner on the fender or bumper. My main concern would be whether or not the blender can actually blend with the factory clear coat of a 20-year-old vehicle. I know I can contact them, but I prefer user experience of vendor advice.

https://www.paintscratch.com/cgi-bin/order-form.cgi

Thank you for sharing your experience. My concern was that clear coat chemistry had evolved to the point where blending becomes difficult with a generic blender. Perfection is not required. I plan on doing some minor touchups on my old Cherokee.

I bought a similar base from automotivetouchup and was really impressed with the color match on my 2004. I repainted part of the front bumper and the paint matched the original, the horizontal parts were faded and a bit lighter. Still I think the correct way to do it is to scuff, repaint and reclear the entire panel and not worry about blending if you're a novice. I used spraymax 2k, waited a week then wet sanded and compounded. I was really impressed with all the products. Obviously this would be cost prohibitive to paint an entire car this way, but for 60 bucks I was happy with the results. Wear a respirator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back