Blemish on paint and how to fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
!st of all I don't know the technical term, and 2nd I have yet to learn how to post pictures.
I have a 2015 VW Golf in Tornado red that was part of the diesel buy back.It sat in either California or Nevada for months.
There are areas mainly on the plastic bumpers that look like hazy foggy portions. It is not anything that needs washing off. It looks like it is in the paint, At first I thought it was incompletely polished wax. I've rubbed these areas and washed and still could not get them off.
I have installed a Colgan bra, and occasionally drive in the rain. The other day I removed the bra to wash the car and newer hazy sections appeared.
I recall from about 20 or so years ago that there were certain paint finishes that would get a hazy streak after polishing and waxing and the thought then was that the humidity somehow got under one of the layers.
What is the best way to get rid of the haziness.? and what is the technical term for that haziness?

Well in my opinion, your best bet is to Youtube this. Mainly because you can watch the step-by-step multiple times and pause where needed.

Pictures wouldn't hurt.
There's probably not much you can do besides try a polishing/cleaner wax, OR wet sand it deeper than the haze then clearcoat it.

Last edited:
Ya, you may need to bring it to a top notch car detailed and get a good paint restore/correction. Google it, you would be shocked at the products on the market and a competent detailing shop can do.

I tried a rubbing compound last night and it didn't change anything. Ugh. It is mainly the front bumper. The other part of the car that has the same material and gets even more direct sunlight is the factory spoiler above the rear windshield and the paint looks flawless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back