Blackstone labs

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, I sent out an oil sample via priority mail today. They guarantee it by the 3rd day but told me it's likely to get there by the second day. Should I get results back by the end of the week(I did leave an e-mail adress on the sheet)?

--Matt

Don't forget its a short week with the 4th in there!

In general, I've always gotten my results by e-mail within 5 business days of mailing a sample. Very nice folks at Blackstone!

quote:

Originally posted by mkosem:
ok, I sent out an oil sample via priority mail today. They guarantee it by the 3rd day but told me it's likely to get there by the second day. Should I get results back by the end of the week(I did leave an e-mail adress on the sheet)?

--Matt

So far I have used Blackstone twice. Both times I put the oil in the US Mail at the local post office very early Monday AM. In one case, I received the email results exactly one week later, and in the othe case, I had them by Friday. Based on this, 1 week has become my expectation for email results. I live in NW PA.

I've waited 3 weeks for Schaeffer's
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

For everyone's information....

I sent two samples off to Blackstone Labs two weeks ago and I received an e-mail report back on one of samples in a couple of days. The second sample was never received by Blackstone Labs as of yesterday.

So I drew another fresh sample yesterday afternoon packaged it and stamped it up (5 stamps) and delivered it personally to the main post office in downtown Chicago, as this location has latest pickup at 9:00 p.m., whereas the others are 5:00 p.m. although in reality much earlier.

Today I received yesterday's newly mailed sample in my mailbox, sent to me and not Blackstone. I drove over to a local post office and learned that the mail "reader" "read" my address (which is at the top of the canister) as the delivery address and it ended up being delivered to my house.

The clerk said that in order to avoid this in the future, don't write information on the sender part of the Blackstone canister which is at the top, just put a little preprinted address label there and the "reader" won't misread it. I will white-out all the lines in the top part and put one of the little preprinted name & address labels there from now on.

The post office put the canister in a large envelope, sealed and wrapped it with clear tape and will ship it priority mail at no additional charge to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back