Blackstone 36" griddle

Any issues with splatter staining the concrete/deck surfaces with these? I’m contemplating getting one.

Nothing here also, concrete on my patio is painted so no stains, get the model with the grease cup at the rear of the grill.

Forgot to post this

20220704_175403.jpg
20220704_172242.jpg
20220704_172545.jpg

Well, I‘ve had my Blackstone for about a month now...think I’ve used this thing nearly every day. I’ve made stir fries, smash burgers, pizza, burritos, omelettes, steak bombs. I’ve reheated leftovers on it, defrosted things on it, had three different things cooking on it at once. Very versatile, easy to maintain and it’s saved the house from getting hot this summer. Love it.

Not sure I’ll use it in the winter - then again I never used my grill in the winter either - I’ll have to store it and it is BIG. Do I miss my grill? Not really. I haven’t tried steak tips or pork on the griddle yet, I imagine of those come out good...I’ll never buy a grill again.

Pablo, whats your maintenance on the griddle after each use? When it needs to be re-seasoned?
Depends on what was cooked.

Wipe clear as possible.

Scrape.

Stone if necessary. (once)

Scrub brush if necessary (twice I think)

Wipe and oil as necessary. Turn heat on, cool and wipe.

I have not truly "re-seasoned" or used soap and water, nor gone back to metal since first seasoning.

After use, turn to high for about 5 minutes. Poor a good amount of cool water on griddle (enough to cover the entire griddle) Let water bubble and steam off but not completely, then scrape entire griddle surface with putty knife type scraper. NO soap is needed or advised.

After use, turn to high for about 5 minutes. Poor a good amount of cool water on griddle (enough to cover the entire griddle) Let water bubble and steam off but not completely, then scrape entire griddle surface with putty knife type scraper. NO soap is needed or advised.
I can see this as useful if you have cooked something with sauce or sugar.

I have a Camp Chef. Had it for many years and love it. This is the only way I clean it once it is seasoned. Using soap to clean it will only remove the oils left on and that will promote rust.

I have a Camp Chef. Had it for many years and love it. This is the only way I clean it once it is seasoned. Using soap to clean it will only remove the oils left on and that will promote rust.
Absolutely never use any soap. Same with cast iron. I have the no soap shirt.

My griddle is nicely seasoned, I have not needed the water steam method yet. Just wipe, scrape, oil. Even with the pad and handle thing, just scrub with oil. Then wash the pad. Cold water on a hot griddle works I'm sure but not a step I need. And is not how Blackstone says to do it.

Blackstone even has a warning.

Just like my cast iron I use dry salt for real nasties.

Generally oil is best and not harmful unless too much, I suppose.
20220722_123723.jpg

You are right about the cold water. I use normal tape water on to a warm grill not a hot grill then bring it up to a hot temperature. The steaming action of the water boiling will release all the funk and then it can be lightly scrapped away. Been doing it this way for years with no damage to griddle surface or rust. About 2 times a year I will reoil with grape oil. Grape oil has a higher burn temp than other oils.

I literally discovered "the griddle guys" on youtube on the weekend...fascinated with them and their modifications to blackstones...great watch, now I'd like a proper full widthe griddle plate with decent fat drain to replace the plate and grill on my gasser.

Well, I‘ve had my Blackstone for about a month now...think I’ve used this thing nearly every day. I’ve made stir fries, smash burgers, pizza, burritos, omelettes, steak bombs. I’ve reheated leftovers on it, defrosted things on it, had three different things cooking on it at once. Very versatile, easy to maintain and it’s saved the house from getting hot this summer. Love it.

Not sure I’ll use it in the winter - then again I never used my grill in the winter either - I’ll have to store it and it is BIG. Do I miss my grill? Not really. I haven’t tried steak tips or pork on the griddle yet, I imagine of those come out good...I’ll never buy a grill again.
Well, I lied. Went out and bought a grill last weekend. Kind of missed the grilling of steak tips, etc. Just a little bit. Used it twice. Now back to my Blackstone for the rest of summer.

I burned through an entire tank of propane in less than a month on my Blackstone. Love this thing still.

Heve decided to get a griddle plate made for my gasser...how thick is too thick in carbon steel ?

Back