Blackstone 36" griddle

Chicken and collards
20220326_174516.jpg
20220326_175736.jpg
20220326_174524.jpg
20220326_174727.jpg

I'm picking a up 36 inch Blackstone up this week from Walmart...it's $327 with the metal cover, four burner.

Looking forward to it, never heard of them before until a cousin of mine told me how great these things are. Hope he's right. My 14 year old Weber is DONE. Going to give this a try...like what I'm hearing from people....seems like a cult like following. I don't think I'll miss grilling - as I always struggled trying to cook things other than meat, like vegetables and stuff. I'd buy "accessories" but they never seemed to hold up very long...then I'd go with tinfoil and half the grill would have a grease fire.

Looking forward to something different. But I did love that Weber for it's dependability and durability. Hope I can get 6-7 years out of the Blackstone. Price doesn't seem bad.

I bought near five pounds of rough ground "Mexican Taco Meat" at Winco yesterday. Just ground.

Seasoned that AM. Let it sit in the fridge all day.

Cooked up like a dream. Wife even cut the onions up for me. The cooking smell was AMAZING (see my dog)

Wife made all the fixing, salsa etc.......two kinds of cheese, limes, guacamole, etc....fresh corn tortillas......

Everyone just scarfed them down. I stopped at 4. I was even wanting more. The meat tasted like good steak.

Could not have done this so well in a pan.

You don't cook? Why did you buy it?
My friends convinced me I needed one, so I bought a barely used one off Craigslist. The Blackstone just never fit into our "workflow." Most items that could be cooked on it were cooked more efficiently on our indoor gas range and my two Kamado Joes take care of everything else.

Last edited:
My friends convinced me I needed one, so I bought one that was barely used off Craigslist. It just never fit into our "workflow." Most items that could be cooked on it were cooked more efficiently on our indoor gas range and my two Kamado Joes takes care of everything else.
It definitely is a learned behavior I guess I can call it. The more I use mine the more I use it!

Fried noodles pork chops tons of veggies burgers etc. I can say way more efficient cooking on a large flat vs. a pan. Easier for me.

It definitely is a learned behavior I guess I can call it. The more I use mine the more I use it!

Fried noodles pork chops tons of veggies burgers etc. I can say way more efficient cooking on a large flat vs. a pan. Easier for me.
Fried noodles are cooked better and faster on any wok. Same with veggies.

Burgers go onto cast-iron on the Kamado Joe.

I can see it being good for pancakes, but that's about it.

Griddle wars!!

The true beauty of a large griddle is the mass.

Cook two identical pork chops properly on a cast iron pan v. griddle - serve them to me and I will know instantly. A good griddle does not drop temp with a slab of meat. This is a very important part of cooking,

Last edited:
Cooked a couple cut up bone in chickens, in the HEAT outside.

Did I mention it is HOT?

Bone in chicken on the griddle? WTAF?

First it was marinated overnight (one mistake, some of the juices had sugar) but the chicken came out juicy succulent and tender perfect.

How did the cook go? CHALLENGING. When it it hit the griddle the coated seized up and stuck - my bad - but I soldiered on. Fast on the grill baby. Both arms flying YEAH. Cover lids, scrapers, tongs, presses, thermometer.

The taste was worth it. But next time in the vertical pellet smoker and hell with the wife and her not liking everything smoked............ahhahahahahahaha. Kidding. Sorta

Attachments

• chick7.jpg
    chick7.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 7
Back