Black widows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Crustacean
My yard gets lots of spiders, but Black widows are up in population density, problem is my vehicle gets little use and they love to get into the qtr panels and everywhere else, they fill the underside with theirs odd looking webs.
This is a case where I would let someone else do my oil changes. Just don't need a black widow descending upon my face while screwing off the filter.

I sure am glad I live in Michigan.

My property over here is loaded with black widow spiders. It's mainly because of my next door neighbor, he has a backyard full of ivy, and we all know that ivy is a haven for spiders. What I do is get them hooked on a broom with the flocking on the end of the bristols, and then carry then over to a nice hard surface like concrete. I wait until they start to high-tail it and then bap!! I smash them with my right clenched fist. I kill them with my fist because I want to make it personal. Some of the black widows with their legs outstretched reach a diameter of 2.75 inches; and yes, they can be "impressive" looking.
shocked2.gif

I have seen one black widow spider in my life, while camping in southern Illinois. I don't care to see any more. You folks also have scorpions and other potentially dangerous stuff too. Worst we have is the deer tick (lyme disease), but for immediate danger, probably our worst is wasps. Our worst snake is a tiny rattler called the massasauga (possible misspelling here) that does not pack a very big poison load. Never seen one yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back