BITOG - Mobil 1 Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
My questions:

1) A couple of years ago, you marketed a standout synthetic 2 cycle oil - Mobil 1Racing 2T (and before that MX2T). Has there been ANY talks of bringing this back?

2) On paper, I like the look of the new PDS sheet of your Mobil 1 10W30 EP (10.5 cst@100C, 3.3 HT/HS, 245C Flash PT). I intend to try it out, on my hot running engines, and air cooled engines. Can we expect an upcoming, "improved" Mobil 1Racing 0W30
with better numbers than this? Perhaps a 30 WT version of your Mobil 14T 10W40 motorcyle oil? Just askin'!

in the australian market, you used to have a 15w-50 mobil 1.

this no longer exists - all i see is 5w-50. iirc, the 15w-50 was an extended protection version as well (although i am unsure on this).

what was the reasoning behind this and what are the performance differences between the oils (i.e what has been the tradeoff of moving to a winter 5)? i understand the 5w-50 will "go off" faster than the 15w-50, has mobil done any comparative testing of this?

Last edited:
oh, seems i was wrong. the 15w-50 wasn't EP.

it's listed on the mobil 1 australia site but i cannot find it in repco, supercheap auto or sparco. is it being phased out?

the site lists it as "race proven formula" but not for the 5w-50. what does this mean exactly? (i.e the differences, not "we have sponsored some guys in a race to use this oil and they won".

For regular Mobil 1 oils:

Quote:
Oil Change Intervals: Oil change intervals with Mobil 1 5W-30 can be as short as 3,000 miles or as long 15,000 miles on some new cars. We recommend that you follow the oil and filter change frequencies shown in your owner's manual. With Mobil 1´s high-performance reserves, you can have the confidence to go the full mileage or time frame recommended by the vehicle manufacturer. Mobil 1 is especially suitable for the latest vehicles with extended drain intervals or vehicles with oil monitoring systems that vary oil drain intervals.

What is the real difference between reg. M1 and EP?

Did a formulation change occur in order for Mobil 1 5w-30 to meet Dexos1 specifications?

Boy did you guys open a Pandora's box! I'd love to be sitting in the room with you as you formulate the answers to these questions!

Thanks for joining us; it was a brave move and we appreciate your participation!

Tom NJ

Mobil 1

25.gif

Thanks to everyone who participated in this Mobil 1 Q&A. We will make every attempt to post Mobil's answers by September 27th.

Wayne

All,

Mobil asked for an extension until October 1st. With the quantity and depth of questions asked, they feel the need for more time to adequately answer all of the questions.

Thanks for being patient,

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back