bird in the garage

I usually squeeze under my cars to change the oil but after the last time told myself that using ramps would be easier. Put the RAV4 on ramps and went about to draining the oil. Noticed that I could not close the garage door as the back of the RAV4 was sticking out a tiny bit. Even taped a box over the garage door button to prevent accidentally closing it and causing damage. Went inside for a bit to let the oil drain. Figured my neighbors have their garage doors open all day so it didn't seem risky. Come back in the garage and there's a stupid bird flying around. Opened up both garage doors and finished the oil change. Came back inside. Two hours later the bird is still in the garage. Tried to catch him in a fishing net but he evaded me. Opened up the side door and finally after two hours he figured his way out.

Had the kitchen doors open yesterday because of the nice WX. Small birdy flew in and scouted out the house. Once he discovered that he was locked on by my deadly feline's radar he took evasive action and bolted out the hatch.

1641235627173.png

Oh, and other than the bird, the ramps made the oil change much easier. That rear most screw on the plastic cover is a pain to reach with the RAV4 on the ground.

Have you ever heard the ages-old superstition that it is a bad luck omen when a wild bird flies into your house/garage? I heard that from the old-timers when I was a kid.

Have you ever heard the ages-old superstition that it is a bad luck omen when a wild bird flies into your house/garage? I heard that from the old-timers when I was a kid.
Yes. I didn't mention it to my wife. She's more superstitious than me.

Well, if it is bad luck, I must have the worst luck. I Have a bird at least once a year it seems, sometimes even oftener. Sometimes they fly right back out, but some seem to dumb to figure out that they have to fly out the door, not on the ceiling. Seems like sparrows are the dumbest.

Well, if it is bad luck, I must have the worst luck. I Have a bird at least once a year it seems, sometimes even oftener. Sometimes they fly right back out, but some seem to dumb to figure out that they have to fly out the door, not on the ceiling. Seems like sparrows are the dumbest.
Yes! My bird kept trying to go higher. No dummy, you have to go down to get out.

Try getting a HAWK out of your pool enclosure sometime! But they are a bit smarter and figure things out pretty quickly.

I've used a .22 gun with birdshot for birds and mice in the garage. Simple and effective.

Back