Bill Ford steps down...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't expect his successor will have much success.

I believe the entire culture of Ford must change, top to bottom. TOP must be first. People don't like painful change, especially when they are very well off and accustomed to doing as they please.

Speaking of Volvo: they have to bring the new version of the classic "Snow White's Coffin" (P1800) to the US.

Volvo C30 (based on Focus)

-

If the image doesn't load, click here.

Rear-end looks a bit funny but nice car.

From your link:
quote:

The hatchback uses Volvo's in-line five-cylinder turbocharged engine that produces approximately 260 hp and 258 lbs-ft of torque, all of which is routed through a six-speed manual gearbox.

Should be fast enough. But back on topic, hope the new boss isn't looking for another Iacocca bailout of the 80's. Grrrr.

EDIT: Although Chrysler DID repay the loan 7yrs earlier than expected. According to Wiki.

It is true chrysler paid the loan back early; the loan must have just had overly generous terms. EG the current guys would be out of office by the time the debt became due.
smile.gif

A shakeup at ford is just what the doctor ordered...

NJC, the rear end design is an hommage to the P1800 ES. Because of its looks that car was called "Snow White's Coffin." You may know the beautiful coupé. It's the same model Simon Templar drove. By the way, the P1800 was built in England and not in Sweden. I like that Ford let Volvo revive the old design.
grin.gif

Ahh yes, those are nice cars. The coupé reminds me of Get Smart! The P1800 is what Irv Gordon "Mr Zillion-Mile car owner" is driving.

Bill Ford steps down with his 50+ million gold parachute too i bet. Or it could be much more.

And another CEO leaves the company and its customers to clean up their problems, while getting away with the cashbox.

Dan

quote:

Originally posted by moribundman:
Was it one of the replicas or a real one? Loewy is one of my favorite designers.

I couldn't tell, I went by about 60 mph as he was waiting to pull onto the main road. Actually, I don't think I could tell at 15 mph either, unless it was a convertible.

Just a few notes about Bill Ford. Correct me if I'm wrong (I know somebody will
wink.gif
):

1. Bill is no longer CEO but will serve as Executive Chairman.

2. During his time as CEO, he refused a salary, and when he got his required yearly stock options, he sold them and gave the proceeds to charity.

3. He was known on occasion to leave his office early to attend his children's school and sporting events.

4. When the Michigan River Rouge complex had a boiler explosion, he rushed to the plant to be with the workers and later visited the injured in the hospital.

5. Asked why he took the difficult job of CEO even though he didn't need the money or the hassle, he replied that his "name is on the building" and it was his "family" duty to see the company suceed.

6. He did not inherit the stubbornness of his great grandfather, Henry Ford, nor the arrogance of his uncle, Henry Ford II.

Maybe the above notes show he wasn't up to the job of turning the company around, but he seems like a heck of a nice guy. Nice guys don't often do well in the corporate world.
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back