Forsythia in full bloom in southern Delaware

A reminder that when you see forsythia in full bloom the soil temp is around 55F and time for pre-emergent herbicide to prevent crab grass. Obviously north of me will be latter than here in Sussex County Delaware.

Dimension ( Dithlopyr) and Barricade (Prodiamine) are the best. Forget the Scotts Halts. Have no idea why Scotts is still pushing Halts which is an old pre-emergent herbicide.

The superbloom is going strong this year in CA. I wish I had time to check it out. It would be a two or three-day trip.

They have been in bloom for a week now in N.Ohio. I am glad to have colder weather this week as things are getting ahead of schedule and no severe weather. with the cold. The grass almost needs cutting. That's a few weeks ahead of schedule.

noticed this in eastern Iowa on Saturday. Headed to Menards tonight to get some pre-emergent! I should also aerate for good measure.

Just my $0.02

They are blooming beautifully right now.

I don’t put down anything that kills vegetation in my yard. I’m not running a golf course. But I will lightly fertilize I guess. I’ve started to see success with my micro clover dispersed in, so potentially soon I won’t even need to do that. Thanks for the reminder.

Back