Big train derailment in East Palestine OH

It sounds like they may be worried about a BLEVE (Boiling Liquid Evaporating Vapor Explosion).
I'm wondering if this was an accident or intentionally done?
It’s from what I heard a bad wheel on a rail car; and some of the tracks actually somewhat melted. This is from a friend in the railroad industry. That’s all he is atlowed to say

Vinyl chloride was famously used as the propellant in many aerosol spray cans, especially hair spray, in the 1960s. This was a really bad thing, though it did bring awareness of toxic chemicals to the mainstream.

It’s from what I heard a bad wheel on a rail car; and some of the tracks actually somewhat melted. This is from a friend in the railroad industry. That’s all he is atlowed to say
This is odd. If anyone follows the Distant Signal Channel on youtube the really awesome railfan host had a video about track sensors. They are supposed to catch flat-spot, derailed, and overly hot wheels/bearings.

This is odd. If anyone follows the Distant Signal Channel on youtube the really awesome railfan host had a video about track sensors. They are supposed to catch flat-spot, derailed, and overly hot wheels/bearings.
Apparently the conductors were aware of the bad axle from the track sensor (which radios the conductors) and were trying to figure out which car it happened in when things went south.

Norfolk Southern again. What a shocker.

That video makes NS look like the destruction derby of railroading! The guy at the end is hilarious, not sure what he is mad about lol.
Wouldn't that call for stopping the train to get out and look?
I think they just found out when they ran over the sensor, which is usually at a road crossing. It will be interesting to find out.

Back