Big class action payout.

Usually you get a few lousy bucks, but it looks like this one paid off pretty good from the message I got,

settelment.jpg

The settlement is $190M and there were 98M eligible members in the class action. Did OP file documentation proving $700+ expenses incurred as a result of the breach?

Weird that you just got this. I thought they completed payments last year.

Kind of crazy when you think that it was almost a $200M settlement and C1 didn't blink an eye.

The settlement is $190M and there were 98M eligible members in the class action. Did OP file documentation proving $700+ expenses incurred as a result of the breach?
I don't remember what I filed for being over a year ago and I get these offers nearly every month. Will see in a week when the funds should be in my account.

Except the letter said $700. The case is over and done with and they are now distributing the settlement. The payouts have already been established. That's my take from that message.

My dad got in on a class action lawsuit against Toshiba computers. They paid $100 in coupons for every old 8086 laptop that had an imperfect knockoff version of DOS in its ROM. So he gathered seventeen of these things and sent the info in, got a nice new computer out of the deal.

I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, as I sent in serial numbers off both my Briggs lawnmowers that weren't making the advertised horsepower at the safety- regulated RPM.

The button for “Claim Payment” just seems like a phishing email. Hopefully not, and its just poorly designed.

Back