BG moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
My story: Purchased a 2007 Mitsu Endeavor LS AWD w/27300 mi in April for $11K. Nice vehicle. No idea of previous history. So 1st thing I do, of course, is change oil. Put in PYB 5w20 and added a bottle of ARX. About 1300 miles later, I added ARX to transmission. Took vehicle to dealership ( 100 mi away ) for 30,000 mi service in late July. I brought some Red Line 75w90 with me for the diff and xfer case. Anyway, when I returned to pickup vehicle, the following was added to my bill....BG MOA KIT $35.23...&..BG A/T Flush $26.92. Never heard of BG adds before, but have researched some since. Do not know if they used a flushing machine on the engine and trans or what....I was not happy, and while driving home, I realized that the vehicle was running ULTRA smooth...not my imagination....I don't know if it was the MOA, or the new SP111, or the Red Line fluids. Took 2,000 road trip to see son in FL., and I figured that was enough for the MOA to do whatever good/harm it would do. Yesterday, I changed oil to PYB 10w30 to re-do my ARX rinse, and now, the ULTRA smoothness is gone ! Have sample of QS 5w20 w/MOA in Blackstone sample bottle ready to go, if anyone is interested in seeing results. BTW, this engine, 3.8 V6, sounds like a sewing maching slowed down...thought the 10w30 would quiet it, but still sounds the same.

yea, should have asked....but what is done, is done. That was my first time to have a dealership do work, and don't plan to go back anytime soon. The BG MOA appears to make this engine run extra smooth. I have a case of Red Line 5w20 next to my bed ( where I can look at it ! ), and maybe that will bring the smoothness back, after ARX rinse is finished. I probably should have asked some questions in my post, such as, does anyone have any experience with BG MOA, or BG products/services ? And, does anyone have any knowledge about the Mitsu 3.8 V6, or the Endeavor it resides in ? Thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back