BG 44k

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sense a miss at idle and low RPMs on my 4.7l v8. I couldn't find any comments on BG's 44k FI cleaner. Any pros or cons with this product.

TIA

Very good product, but Redline SL-1 is much less expensive and just as good if not better then the newer formulated 44K

Try either Redline SL-1 or Chevron Techron...which are all less expensive and are as good if not better than BG44K.

BG44k is a much harsher cleaner than the others being recommended in this thread, from what I can gather. BG44k isn't something you'll want to run regularly. If this is a one time deal, go for the BG44k. If you want to run a cleaner every month or every couple of months, go with some of the suggested alternatives.

The newer formulation of 44K doesn't have near the PEA it used to have. This is one reason it just isn't as potent as the old formulation. Redline SL-1 has the most to my knowledge. The more the better thats the cleaner. Redline is also an Upper cylinder lubricant

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back