BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S vs Continental TrueContact

Putting these onto an ES350, gonna be living in Texas soon.

I realize the BFG are ultra performance and the Contis are a touring tire, but I can’t seem to decide between them. Either one are about $140/tire give or take.

Road noise and comfort are important, but so are handling and tread life. I currently have a set of Michelin Defenders on, they’ve lost all wet traction and have about 5/32” left. I’m getting 27/34 mpg city/highway, would like to keep it that way.

Thanks!

I’ve had 4 sets of the True Contacts, and my son put a set of the BFGs on my Impreza while he was borrowing it. I’d take the Contis any day; the very, very little they give up in maximum performance to the BFG is more than made up for on anything other than flat, dry roads. Plus the treadlife of the Contis is great!

My wife's Fusion had the BFG's on it when we bought it (the Ford dealer put them on while in their inventory). They look cool - have an agressive look and sidewall but after 25-30k miles, they started "roaring". I thought we had wheel bearings going bad so checked them. Thought it was brake-related but nope, they were fine too. It was the tires.... Replaced them with Continental PURE Contacts LS, not the "True" version. They're GREAT tires. Very quiet, excellent traction on dry or wet roads as well as snow (won't be an issue for you, I realize).

Look at Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 Plus.
IMO they're one of the best ultra-high performance all-season tires with 50,000 mile tread life warranty.

That BFG tire was gone in 30K - on a Cruze no less …
Yeap, as ours approached that many miles, as I mentioned above, the road noise level was unacceptable. Too bad 'cause the tread looked like it could have lasted another 20k + miles. The first day my wife drove it, she texted me and said she didn't have to turn the radio up high in order to hear over the tire noise !

Reactions: 4WD
Look at Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 Plus.
I considered the Pure Contacts, True Contacts, and Extreme Contacts for our cars. I can't recall now what specification it was but the Pure was "better" than the True on a couple points so I ruled them out. Downside of the Extreme is, as I recall, treadwear. It's very "high" or poor and the Fusion isn't light and I think my G35 weighs even more so the ruled those out too. Sure, they'd be great tires, but probably only for 20-30k miles.

Hey guys, sorry, in a change of events I may be going with some Michelins as they don’t have to be ordered/waited on and my DT is offering $150 off a set of 4.

Probably gonna stick with Defenders. Question is : the new fangled Defender 2s or the old Defender T+H? Hmmm.

IIRC, the Defender2 is B/B in the UTQG traction/temp ratings, while the T+H is A/B

However, there is an additional $120 rebate on the Defender 2 (the rebate on the T+H is $70), so maybe the $50 difference counts :unsure:

Back