Best way to remove oil filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
For someone who used to be a professional tech, you ask some very unusual questions.

Originally Posted by The Critic
For someone who used to be a professional tech, you ask some very unusual questions.

+1

I use the cut plastic oil bottle or half gallon milk jug method.

For "more open" applications I use an original (has lead in it) Pig Funnel.
It's a thick sheet of green plastic which holds any form you bend it into.
It's not needed all the time but it's a great tool to have.

I grew up on a farm , in the oil patch , until the 6th grade . The oil production company would spread sludge oil on the dirt roads . When the light hydrocarbons evaporated off , the remaining oil ( mixed with the sandy soil ) became somewhat like asphalt .

Better than dirt roads , especially when it rained ( seldom ) .

Originally Posted by Donald
Originally Posted by double vanos
If it's easy to get to, the plastic bag method works well. 3.5 Ecoboost F150s aren't so accommodating so I loosen the filter enough to have it barely drain. After 5 minutes I'm good to go. Glad Ford put a hole right where the oil goes out - helps some.
On the subject of putting oil back into the ground (can't get any greener than that) there's always this.
[Linked Image]

If the author were the only person doing this no big deal. But if all the used oil was poured in little pits the ground would be polluted.

They use to pour oil on dirt roads to keep down the dust. But it was probably SA rated back then. Less polluting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back