Best way to remove graffiti from paintwork?

I’ve recently had my car vandalised with rattle-can graffiti, there’s no damage to the actual bodywork just red spray paint all down he side and hood of my car. Any tips to get it off without damaging the factory paintwork?

Had one suggestion that lacquer thinner will do it and someone else who has said that’ll dissolve my paint and I’ll have to buff it off..

I’ve recently had my car vandalised with rattle-can graffiti, there’s no damage to the actual bodywork just red spray paint all down he side and hood of my car. Any tips to get it off without damaging the factory paintwork?

Had one suggestion that lacquer thinner will do it and someone else who has said that’ll dissolve my paint and I’ll have to buff it off..
Kinda depends on what paint was used.

Try some isopropyl alcohol first.

Then toluene/mineral spirits.

Lacquer thinner should not harm your paint/clear coat.

What car? What paint? How old? need details

Start with the less aggressive stuff first

Check out Chris Fixx on YouTube. He bought an auction car that was vandalized with graffiti and key scratches. Under his videos just do a search for it.

Kinda depends on what paint was used.

Try some isopropyl alcohol first.

Then toluene/mineral spirits.

Lacquer thinner should not harm your paint/clear coat.

What car? What paint? How old? need details

Start with the less aggressive stuff first
It’s a 2014 VW Passat in silver, the spray paint that’s on there at the moment has only been there a week or so tops. My car is waxed so I would imagine the paint shouldn’t stick too well. I’ll try a bit of lacquer thinner on an inconspicuous area under a rubber seal or something to see if it impacts the factory paint.

Naptha (AKA camping stove fuel, white gas). This exact thing happened to my dad's car some time ago and a paint chemist at work (General Dynamics) recommended it.

Ok just found the Chris Fixx video but can't link it at the moment. He uses a combination of things including a 2300 psi pressure washer with a 15 degree tip. Then I'd use paint thinner for the remnants followed by a clay bar. Finish with some cleaner wax.

1691252430312.jpg

Easy Off oven cleaner might work.

Actually this is a very good oldschool method they used for removing old painted on logos on trucks. I did this on a truck with painted on "Toyota" logo's. Took it off relatively easy, just had to polish the paint afterwards.

Goo gone. Won't damage the vehicle paint but should remove the graffiti

Back