Best way to clean out a gunked Lada engine??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the replies.
I took some pictures of the oil and through the filler hole.
That white stuff is just condensation from short drives, after another 10 miles of driving it's gone.
I'll probably add before next oil change a can of engine flush, idle it for 15 minutes and after draining fill it to the brim with diesel without starting and letting it sit overnight and then draining. Hope it won't damage any gaskets, if it will, please let me know.
That's just 50 miles on the oil, it's full of soot.
It did clean it out some since I last checked but it's gonna take time.

E29D62E3-3030-4CAB-AAD5-ED110BD9C637.jpeg

B6CD9376-52A5-4463-BC80-45609444A3E4.jpeg

CCE51FFA-C0F2-4AE2-95BF-E2EE2F124697.jpeg

05236243-C976-4D42-AD62-5E1AA3AEFF1A.jpeg

571671A5-9E7E-4B06-A64D-85D43BC904AF.jpeg

Last edited:
Originally Posted by FordCapriDriver
Originally Posted by Falcon_LS
Can you get Shell Rimula R4 X?

+1
If you can find Shell Rimula R4X in Serbia, it's a very good oil, Mineral 15W-40 HDEO, TBN of 10.5 and Sulphated ash of 1.45 which indicate a very good dose a of detergents and dispersants.
I have used it myself and have recommended it to friends, in my personal experience it is very good at cleaning, and it even reduced oil consumption and leaking in my engines.
It's not an expensive oil either so you can afford to change it often.

Another good oil would be Mobil Delvac MX.

Haven't seen Shell HDEO here, but I know a place nearby that sells the Delvac, I might try it next time.
I plan on dumping this oil at around 500 miles depends how black it gets how fast.

Originally Posted by alexmarjanovic98

+1
If you can find Shell Rimula R4X in Serbia, it's a very good oil, Mineral 15W-40 HDEO, TBN of 10.5 and Sulphated ash of 1.45 which indicate a very good dose a of detergents and dispersants.
I have used it myself and have recommended it to friends, in my personal experience it is very good at cleaning, and it even reduced oil consumption and leaking in my engines.

Haven't seen Shell HDEO here, but I know a place nearby that sells the Delvac, I might try it next time.
I plan on dumping this oil at around 500 miles depends how black it gets how fast.

HDEO stands for Heavy Duty Engine Oil, or diesel oil, you should have some there in 15w-40 weight.

Originally Posted by dubber09
Originally Posted by alexmarjanovic98

+1

HDEO stands for Heavy Duty Engine Oil, or diesel oil, you should have some there in 15w-40 weight.

I know what it stands for but I haven't seen the Shell Rimula. But there are a ton of other brands, I have 10 liter of HDEO 15W-40 that I use for my tractor.

If it is STOU oil (and not just UTTO) than you are good to go...

STOU oils have decent ZDDP pack (due to GL4 specification)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back