Best Value Synthetic Motor Oil

For mainstream, it was Valvoline Extended Protection when it was $22-24/jug. Now it’s M1EP at $25/jug.
I know off subject but valvoline EP is over 32$ a jug. I was blown away. I know its great oil but daggum.

I was shocked to see that price last time I was at Walmart lol. Mobil 1 was on rollback though 😁

Last edited:
I’m across the bridge from you, so no Grainger.

I hit that website but did not complete the transaction. I have enough 0w-20 for the Outback.

But, the final price was $46.60 with free shipping.

Is that 0w-20 only?
There are some other grades at the discount price. And fhere’s a Grainger branch in Cincinnati. I know because I had to pick up an order there after the branch in Florence closed.

I know off subject but valvoline EP is over 32$ a jug. I was blown away. I know its great oil but daggum.

I was shocked to see that price last time I was at Walmart lol. Mobil 1 was on rollback though 😁
Yup. Sucks now. With the rebates, all of my jugs of VEP were around $17/jug AR.

There are some other grades at the discount price. And fhere’s a Grainger branch in Cincinnati. I know because I had to pick up an order there after the branch in Florence closed.

Thanks, Elkins.

I registered with Grainger last night and and tried to buy 5w-30 through GOVETS, but they only showed conventional oil.

My cable bill is $250- a month, I spend around $25 bucks twice a year on motor oil.

Five gallons of gasoline is over 20 bucks.

Don't care if it's 16 bucks or 35 bucks a jug ... as long as it's good enough oil.

If I was still running a garage I would want to get a good price on bulk oil since I would do OC for cost
just to get the customer's car on the lift and tell them about the 10 other things that are broken or worn out :)

Sorry for the Derail. But just about anything at Walmart is good except for nasty Castrol Edge with Syntec Technology

Thanks, Elkins.

I registered with Grainger last night and and tried to buy 5w-30 through GOVETS, but they only showed conventional oil.
Grainger had more varieties in stock on their website. If I lived close enough to a Grainger branch I would just order it for pickup through them. The govets selection is much more limited. Grainger may be running out of some grades now as well.

My cable bill is $250- a month, I spend around $25 bucks twice a year on motor oil.

Five gallons of gasoline is over 20 bucks.

Don't care if it's 16 bucks or 35 bucks a jug ... as long as it's good enough oil.

If I was still running a garage I would want to get a good price on bulk oil since I would do OC for cost
just to get the customer's car on the lift and tell them about the 10 other things that are broken or worn out :)

Sorry for the Derail. But just about anything at Walmart is good except for nasty Castrol Edge with Syntec Technology
$250/mo??? For cable????

$250/mo??? For cable????

Ahh yeah...

For cable aka internet access and cable on top of that plus extra routers and TV's 250 dollars is not a real surprise to me.

My wife and I had a bill of $194 a month for internet and cable and no fancy cable upgrades either. My mom and step father's cable bill was around $250 last year.

We cut cable TV which is only on 1 tv and cut our bill didn't to $84 a month for just internet access.

Ahh yeah...

For cable aka internet access and cable on top of that plus extra routers and TV's 250 dollars is not a real surprise to me.

My wife and I had a bill of $194 a month for internet and cable and no fancy cable upgrades either. My mom and step father's cable bill was around $250 last year.

We cut cable TV which is only on 1 tv and cut our bill didn't to $84 a month for just internet access.
sweet hey zeus

Ahh yeah...

Yep. Why I cut cable about 12 years ago when the wife and I retired. It was getting ridiculous! We only kept the internet connection.

Back