Best Value Synthetic Motor Oil

Kirkland used to be the king of value, $24.99 for two 5 quart bottles. But recently I went to the warehouse and they are going for like $37 or something, which is still not a bad price but no longer the clear cut in terms of value. Wondering what you folks out there are using and if anything out there is better in terms of value (while still being a quality oil).

I go with Kirkland too but have not checked the prices lately since I am no longer an oil nazi. My second choice is Mobil 1 and I don't mind paying a little more money for what appears to be a good value. The Corvette usually gets Mobil 1 synthetic....always synthetic in everything that takes oil. Don't mix it with liquor hahahaha.

Now that it’s been renamed Providence Automotive the price has gone up. It’s $18.99 a jug now.

It’s still a good oil.
Hey Elkins I did hear that however my local Atwoods still have everything Rural King brand across the product line with no Providence to be seen at least in the Oklahoma stores

Have only used the 15w40 & 5w30 in a few old farm trucks zero issues and didn't seem to give off a horrible smell like the Amalie branded STP we were previously using in the old truck that burns oil

I’m honestly a little surprised they are honoring it.
I still dont understand the low price. The only thing unique is the box. The 5 gallon pails are $191. Every 6 gallon box is cheap except the Euro oil which is about $250.

I still dont understand the low price. The only thing unique is the box. The 5 gallon pails are $191. Every 6 gallon box is cheap except the Euro oil which is about $250.
The only thing I can think of is that they are eliminating that packaging option and just want to clear it out of the system. The fact people have successfully received orders and it’s still available surely means it’s not a mistake.

I know it's not the absolute best deal but the commerical autozones can bag in box Alamie/STP for a reasonable cost for walking in and buying direct same day

Kirkland used to be the king of value, $24.99 for two 5 quart bottles. But recently I went to the warehouse and they are going for like $37 or something, which is still not a bad price but no longer the clear cut in terms of value. Wondering what you folks out there are using and if anything out there is better in terms of value (while still being a quality oil).

There’s nothing wrong with the Kirkland brew, even at $18.50 per five quart bottle.

What’s your current oil and OCI?

and check out HPL’s comment in post #4 above!

Last edited:
azianbob:

I just noticed your signature and the Rotella G&T 0w-20.

That oil can’t cost a lot more than the Kirkland.

The only thing I can think of is that they are eliminating that packaging option and just want to clear it out of the system. The fact people have successfully received orders and it’s still available surely means it’s not a mistake.
^^^^ this! I got Mystik JT-8 15w40 for my truck last year in the 6 gallon box. After the rebate it was ~$2/gallon. I bought 2 so have enough oil for 4 changes.

Just my $0.02

Back