Best Value Synthetic Motor Oil

Yep. Why I cut cable about 12 years ago when the wife and I retired. It was getting ridiculous! We only kept the internet connection.
Internet only service where the customer provides and maintains their own WiFi, the local phone company's "Basic Unlimited" plan is $110/month. That's for 10 Mbps down, 1 Mbps up. It is what it is. It is Alaska after all. Ouch...

Nevertheless, I'm sitting here listening to Alison Krauss and Union Station on YouTube, right now playing this version of "Sawing on Strings." It makes that $110 / month worth every penny.

Last edited:
IMO NAPA is the best bargain full syn. Sign up for an online account and often it's even cheaper.
Yes there are "better" oils but that isn't the question being asked. The value here can't be beat.

1661869246980.png

2nd place would be SuperTech full syn
1661869481645.png

3rd place would be Chevron Supreme -- may be a syn blend but it's great oil at an amazing price!
I thought for sure it was dexos approved but apparently that has changed, or never was.
1661869548650.png

IMO NAPA is the best bargain full syn. Sign up for an online account and often it's even cheaper.
Yes there are "better" oils but that isn't the question being asked. The value here can't be beat.

View attachment 114791

2nd place would be SuperTech full syn
View attachment 114792

3rd place would be Chevron Supreme -- may be a syn blend but it's great oil at an amazing price!
I thought for sure it was dexos approved but apparently that has changed, or never was.
View attachment 114793
Can’t be beat ? That’s the same price range as QS which is GTL and in some cases has a better add pack than PP

Can’t be beat ? That’s the same price range as QS which is GTL and in some cases has a better add pack than PP
Thank you, and I agree. I guess when I think value full syn, my brain thinks Napa, ST and Chevron. Next time I will think of QS as well.

azianbob:

I just noticed your signature and the Rotella G&T 0w-20.

That oil can’t cost a lot more than the Kirkland.
It was actually pretty much free. Was being sold for $29.99 a jug at Pep Boys, So like $33 after tax, they gave a $30 rebate, so each jug cost about $3. I have like three left, so okay for the short term.

Back