Best synthetic oil for 32v DOHC V8 Cobra

Status
Not open for further replies.
There ain't no best oil. We are lucky if we can just select a good oil. Amsoil,PP,M1EP,sould be good enough.

Just wanted to see if there is a product (oil) out there that is way better than what I've always used, that's all. Thanks everyone for all the replies. Keep your opinions coming.

Last edited:
Go up to M1 EP.They claim 50% more syper syn in that formulation and the density is about the same as PP. But my best advice is...........be quick out of the box. You haven't lived untill you've had a hole shot win!!!

I have '99 Cobra vert with built, stroked, and w/eaton conversion I run Rotella 5w - 40 at 7 quarts.

I've asked this question before and I wanted to go with an oil that was going to be able to withstand high temperature and stress. A few people pointed me towards this oil and I am quite happy with it.

It's cheap enough that I can change the oil quite regularly w/out breaking the bank. I only wish I could find PP or M-1 in a 5w-40. I just feel more comfortable with 40 instead of 20w, just seems to thin.

Originally Posted By: zeus201
I have '99 Cobra vert with built, stroked, and w/eaton conversion I run Rotella 5w - 40 at 7 quarts.

I've asked this question before and I wanted to go with an oil that was going to be able to withstand high temperature and stress. A few people pointed me towards this oil and I am quite happy with it.

It's cheap enough that I can change the oil quite regularly w/out breaking the bank. I only wish I could find PP or M-1 in a 5w-40. I just feel more comfortable with 40 instead of 20w, just seems to thin.

The HEB grocery store by my house has a whole shelf of Mobil 1 5W40. If you have an O`Reilly auto parts store where you live,they seem to have some unusual oils.......Mobil 1 0W20,0W40,5W40,RP SAE 50,and Valvoline VR1 SAE 60 (talk about a thick oil!!!!!!!!!).

MC oil & filter in the factory recommended viscosity. That way, no issues if there is any problems during warranty. MC oils have shown outstanding UOAs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back