Best style of brake pad spreading tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
The $225 tool still will not handle some of the rear caliper which have parking break mechanism on it and needs to be screwed back in.

Hammer a flat screwdriver between the old pad, and the rotor, loosen bleeder, and pull.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Vikas
The $225 tool still will not handle some of the rear caliper which have parking break mechanism on it and needs to be screwed back in.

Yes, but usually when you have multi-piston calipers like a Brembo setup there are separate e-brake shoes in a drum so its a moot point. Some setups have a second e-brake caliper.

Originally Posted By: Vikas

I think my 911 needed to be screwed in. I needed a special X socket

I couldn't find my cheesy pot metal rear caliper tool so this:

414-KN1301-614.EPS.JPG

became my rear caliper tool.....and blood blister creator when I slipped
33.gif

Big caveat that I haven't done this before. The C-clamp just seems unwieldy. With health problems I've had (which includes weakness and numbness in hands) I'm looking for anything that would make this job easier. I'm even rethinking bdcardinals tool based on the cost it would be to take it to a mechanic. Last time I took the jag in it cost me $1600 for stuff I was going to do (and was capable of and had the parts for) and it was still done wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back