Best SPRAY ON *UV* protectant for headlights

I use some type of protection on our headlights after every wash. This seems to keep them looking newer longer than washing alone. I am currently using Optimum Opti-Seal for this purpose but I am about to run out and am looking for a better product. Honestly I am not even sure if there are UV inhibitors in this product, and it doesn't seem to hold up well anyway.

Requirements:
1) must be a spray on product (not a wax that require buffing off).
2) must contain UV inhibitors (the more the merrier)
3) looking for something stronger than your average spray wax (Turtle Wax Seal N Shine / Meguiars spray etc.)

Thanks in advance!

I love 303 for the interior, but water takes it right off. One rain shower (happens almost daily here in the summer) and the protection is gone.
I did my bestest to have it leave a "film." It was difficult.. I have heard that if you don't seal or polish the headlights after you clean them up that they will go right back to hazy in a short time.

I use some type of protection on our headlights after every wash. This seems to keep them looking newer longer than washing alone. I am currently using Optimum Opti-Seal for this purpose but I am about to run out and am looking for a better product. Honestly I am not even sure if there are UV inhibitors in this product, and it doesn't seem to hold up well anyway.

Requirements:
3) looking for something stronger than your average spray wax (Turtle Wax Seal N Shine / Meguiars spray etc.)

Thanks in advance!
I think the hardest part is working them in to the headlight.

When I do my headlights I use Polishing compound on them. Minimum rubbing required. I then hit them with a product from my local Harley dealer called, Harley Gloss. It's a detail pray that has UV protectant in it. It's easy to apply and remove. I find it lasts about 6 months before the clouding starts again. Funny, it seems to last longer in the winter months. I guess the UV rays aren't as strong in winter.,,

When I do my headlights I use Polishing compound on them. Minimum rubbing required. I then hit them with a product from my local Harley dealer called, Harley Gloss. It's a detail pray that has UV protectant in it. It's easy to apply and remove. I find it lasts about 6 months before the clouding starts again. Funny, it seems to last longer in the winter months. I guess the UV rays aren't as strong in winter.,,

The headlights on the Jetta are in excellent shape as they are new. Looking to protect them and keep the factory UV protection in good shape. Polishing would remove that layer.

Requirements:

Thanks in advance!
Safe T Clear.com

Xpel film, ceramic coat the film.

Never worry rock chips or fading again.
Questions:

1) Wouldn't the film eventually fade just like clear would? I see PPF on vehicles that has yellowed from years of exposure. Sure, your headlights underneath the film would be new but the end result / appearance would be the same.

2) Removing the film would leave a mess, no? I looked into putting film on the headlights of our last Jetta but read horror stories of removing them. Most complained of the adhesive being in a hardened state and being nearly impossible to remove without completely scratching up the actual headlights.

Questions:

1) Wouldn't the film eventually fade just like clear would? I see PPF on vehicles that has yellowed from years of exposure. Sure, your headlights underneath the film would be new but the end result / appearance would be the same.

2) Removing the film would leave a mess, no? I looked into putting film on the headlights of our last Jetta but read horror stories of removing them. Most complained of the adhesive being in a hardened state and being nearly impossible to remove without completely scratching up the actual headlights.
You're talking about a longer timeline vs the headlights fading. The ceramic protects the PPF from UV, the film protects the headlamp from UV and chipping.

You can polish the PPF, and removal is straightforward with steam and patience. I'd plan to renew the PPF every 5 years or so depending on how it looks.

I use some type of protection on our headlights after every wash.
Why? If you use a proper headlight coating like this you only need to apply once a year max.

51CA9y0wh0L._AC_.jpg

Let me add a bit of clarification, I am looking for a "wax" type product, one that you would also use for the car paint. I am somewhat familiar with the offerings for a quick spray wax type product, also familiar with some good paste waxes. But, for the headlights I am looking for a spray wax / sealant. Not looking for headlight restore and seal type products. Also, it needs to have UV protection.

Back