Best SPRAY ON *UV* protectant for headlights

Let me add a bit of clarification, I am looking for a "wax" type product, one that you would also use for the car paint. I am somewhat familiar with the offerings for a quick spray wax type product, also familiar with some good paste waxes. But, for the headlights I am looking for a spray wax / sealant. Not looking for headlight restore and seal type products. Also, it needs to have UV protection.
Headlight Restoration | Chemical Guys

They list their "Jet Seal" for the UV protectant for headlights

Everytime I wash and spray wax I hit the headlight and taillight lenses with the Griots Ceramic 3 in1. It has UV protectants.

Similar products from Turtle Wax, Mothers, Meguiars etc should all work in a similar way.

Let me add a bit of clarification, I am looking for a "wax" type product, one that you would also use for the car paint. I am somewhat familiar with the offerings for a quick spray wax type product, also familiar with some good paste waxes. But, for the headlights I am looking for a spray wax / sealant. Not looking for headlight restore and seal type products. Also, it needs to have UV protection.
Turtle Wax Seal N Shine.

I'm a skeptic, I can't see any spray on product protecting against the damaging UV rays of the sun. Best bet is to try and park in the shade whenever possible.

Questions:

1) Wouldn't the film eventually fade just like clear would? I see PPF on vehicles that has yellowed from years of exposure. Sure, your headlights underneath the film would be new but the end result / appearance would be the same.

2) Removing the film would leave a mess, no? I looked into putting film on the headlights of our last Jetta but read horror stories of removing them. Most complained of the adhesive being in a hardened state and being nearly impossible to remove without completely scratching up the actual headlights.
The original passenger side headlight on my 2011 Prius is still clear and has lived outside for most of its 214k mile life. PPF since the beginning.

The film has been in replaced once (IIRC). PPF comes off comes off fairly easily as long as you remove it before complete failure. If you wait until it starts cracking, then yes, it is difficult. Heat gun and adhesive remover will dissolve the adhesive fairly easily.

I might also try this stuff.

817sVI0QvLL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I've used that, it is clear coat, including overspray... mask further than they recommend. it does work and last a long time on restored headlights.

I've used that, it is clear coat, including overspray... mask further than they recommend. it does work and last a long time on restored headlights.
2 yrs on average, before delaminating. That has been my experience.

I use Collinite 476 or 845, whichever is easiest to get to in the shop. Actually prefer the 476; the 845 sometimes needs heat to get back to liquid, the 476 doesn’t. So far so good at preserving the headlights.

What about Optimum car wax since you are familiar with the opti seal. Opti seal claims UV protection so what you have would work now

mckees 37 out of Florida has several products that could fit the bill too
Fast Wax and 10 min paint sealant

obviously most of the big ones at the store have UV protection from the last several years Turtle wax, Meguiars, etc.

I've been using Zaino Clear Seal on the entire exterior of my cars for years. Not cheap, but a little goes a long way. It stands up to the Florida sun very well.

I you are really concerened about yellowing and hazing check ot headlight armour. The make die cut and specific for your vehicle headlight protective film. Its way better than any sprayand protects plastic lenses from rock chips, scratches and UV

Back