Best spark wires

I have an LS1 motor with headers. Installed in a classic vehicle. Tired of replacing burnt plug wires. Any suggestions on quality, high performance spark plug wire set ?

I have an LS1 motor with headers. Installed in a classic vehicle. Tired of replacing burnt plug wires. Any suggestions on quality, high performance spark plug wire set ?

Are your Headers coated? What car is it that you have this LS1 motor in? Are you running a mechanical fan or an electric fan?

A set of spacers, separators and stand-offs are more important than the type of wires themselves.

WireLoomsEngine_25cc53bd-0e30-44ba-907a-58ef35718826_2400x.jpg

66 Chevy c10, electric fan, uncoated stainless

There is a company called Jet Hot Coatings and another 1 that may be called HPC, High Performance Coatings. A thing to realize is that you could have an airflow issue since you do have an electric fan. Your car came with a stock fan that pretty much ran all of the time. You might want to get an infrared gun and see what kind of header temps you have.

Do you know the gauge of steel you have on your Headers?

I have an old set of spark plug wires that came sleeved and I saved them, so later I will look at them to see the brand and report back. Another thing to realize is that on LS1's the exhaust manifolds had heat shields on them. Is this car fuel injected or carburated?

Taylor wires are nice. You could also install titanium wire protectors.

There is a company called Jet Hot Coatings and another 1 that may be called HPC, High Performance Coatings. A thing to realize is that you could have an airflow issue since you do have an electric fan. Your car came with a stock fan that pretty much ran all of the time. You might want to get an infrared gun and see what kind of header temps you have.

Do you know the gauge of steel you have on your Headers?

I have an old set of spark plug wires that came sleeved and I saved them, so later I will look at them to see the brand and report back. Another thing to realize is that on LS1's the exhaust manifolds had heat shields on them. Is this car fuel injected or carburated?
Fuel injection

Back