Best quick detailer/cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best I've found so far is a product called Original Bike Spirits. It's made for motorcycles, but can be used on cars as well. A little goes a long ways, so a can will last a long time, even when used on a car. The only thing I don't like using it on is chrome, and that's only because I clean my chrome parts with clean water only. OBS leaves a beautiful shine on paint, and also works well on flat black plastic, vinyl, plexiglass, etc. It also seems to look good for several days and makes surfaces easier to clean the next time as well. Very good product for just $7 a can.

Gold Class is what i've been using, leaves a great shine and you can use it on the whole car (Paint,glass,chrome,plastic)
thumbsup2.gif

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

For claying, I usually mix ONR -- because it's cheap, and claying uses a lot of lube.

For bird bombs, I like DG Fast Clean and Shine. I also have Griots Speed Shine. It's OK, but doesn't smell great.

I use Megs Quick Detailer spray (burgundy color bottle).
Lucas Slick Mist for the motorcycles, although I'm tempted to try it on one of the vehicles. On the slick mist, I like how fine the small bottle sprays, so I buy the larger bottles and pour it in the smaller bottle. A little goes a long ways.

Surf City Hot Rod Detailer and also Speed Demon by them

Zaino Z6

Optimum Opti-Clean is good when diluted to a quick detailer also!

I will probably buy Optimum Instant Detailer next,or maybe the Duragloss Fast Clean and Shine.

Originally Posted By: Racerjk
Surf City Hot Rod Detailer and also Speed Demon by them

Zaino Z6

Optimum Opti-Clean is good when diluted to a quick detailer also!

I will probably buy Optimum Instant Detailer next,or maybe the Duragloss Fast Clean and Shine.

Other day while @ Pep Boys (getting RedLine S-1 Fuel System Cleaner) I saw some Surf City products and one of them is the Hot Rod Detailer - guess I should have grabbed a bottle to try. Is the Speed Demon about the same or better? Think I saw it too.

^ Just got back from Pep Boys and bought a few bottles of the Surf City Hot Rod Detailer. Says contains no wax so should be okay for use on my recent painted vehicle.
Don't know whats going on, but instead of putting my stuff in a bag (bought other stuff too), they put everything in a free 5-gallon Pep Boys bucket.

I use Eagle One QD. I find it at Dollar Daze and Big Lots for $2 a bottle. Nice stuff. I do like the maroon bottle Meg's stuff too. I use the Turtle Wax Quick Wax as u dry after a wash.

Originally Posted By: kkreit01
For claying, I usually mix ONR -- because it's cheap, and claying uses a lot of lube.

For bird bombs, I like DG Fast Clean and Shine. I also have Griots Speed Shine. It's OK, but doesn't smell great.

+1 I like ONR mixed at a QD for most of my claying and QD work. Does a nice job.

I usually use QD when I am cleaning a quick bird bomb or when I am drying a vehicle to prevent and scratching but besides that I prefer to do a rinseless (ONR or Chemical guys makes a good one too) wash. QDing will never replace a full wash.

I've tried a couple of QD like Meguiar's and Griot's and my favorite dedicated QD is Griot's. However, I recently started using Ultima Waterless Wash Plus and it is my new favorite (like ONR, it is a versatile product that can be used for claying, a rinse less wash, a waterless wash, etc). It is extremely cost effective, costing me about $22 and it makes five gallons! I purchase it from Autogeek.

It probably makes a huge difference on what type of vehicle the stuff is used. When cleaning a car I like using a water hose and a bucket of suds. I will use a bucket of water only and a wrung out micro fiber cloth for cleaning a bike, but never a bucket of suds and hose. There are just too many nooks and crannies for water to get into on a bike. On the chrome, I clean it with water only, and occasionally I will use chrome polish. The painted surfaces get cleaned with water only as well, but I like to finish with a good QD...the OBS makes my black painted surfaces look wet...I've yet to find anything that puts a shine on like this stuff does...

Originally Posted By: Malo83
Originally Posted By: lexus114
Lucas has some stuff called fast wax. Work`s well for me.

This stuff is pretty good
thumbsup2.gif

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thats the stuff!! Oh, its speed wax. Sorry about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back