Best quick detailer/cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Errtt
^ Just got back from Pep Boys and bought a few bottles of the Surf City Hot Rod Detailer. Says contains no wax so should be okay for use on my recent painted vehicle.
Don't know whats going on, but instead of putting my stuff in a bag (bought other stuff too), they put everything in a free 5-gallon Pep Boys bucket.

It's great stuff! The Speed Demon actually contains a little wax. I believe Surf City says says Hot Rod is the best for reds and darker colors,but I feel it's the other way around.
You can't go wrong with either one.
They also have Barrier Reef spay wax which is intended for use as a stand alone last step product.

Originally Posted By: Racerjk
Surf City Hot Rod Detailer and also Speed Demon by them

Excellent - I compared Meg's vs SCG Speed Demon side-side on my GTO & Speed Demon won.

Just used the Surf City Hot Rod Detailer this morning and feel it's good stuff. I had bought 2 bottles.
It doesn't seem slick like the Slick Mist I use on the motorcycles, but it also isn't a speed wax spray.

I use Megs ultimate quick detailer followed by Megs ultimate quick wax spray
seems to do a decent job.

I am becoming curious about this though: any feedback?
Z-6 Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray:

z-6.jpg

Did one of the kids cars (always test on another hehe) with the Surf City Hot Rod Detailer, then topped that off with slick Mist Speed Wax and it came out nice. Like both products.

I think most of these products are just quick waxes....in other words, they aren't meant to be used as cleaners, only waxes. The Original Bike Spirits serves as both a cleaner and a polish...that's why I like it....

ONR is a great QD so is Griots Speed Shine-

Past products anything from Autogeek line and Poorboys

Really love 1Z spray wax too

Griot's Speedshine has been a favorite of mine for years. When I run out or am waiting for my order to arrive I fall back on one of Meguire's Quick Detailer products.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
Griot's Speedshine has been a favorite of mine for years. When I run out or am waiting for my order to arrive I fall back on one of Meguire's Quick Detailer products.

Is it a cleaner as well as a polish?

Originally Posted By: JMG
I think its more a quick detailer and gloss enhancher -

Correct.

Although I been using the Surf City Garage Hot Rod spray, I still have bottles of Megs quick detailer spray as well - I like both products.
Been using the Surf City Barrier Reef past wax along with the Hot Rod spray and the results work for me.

I Have been using Megs QD for years and love it for anything short of a full wash on cars with clearcoat. I have one car with single stage paint and it leaves streaks and mars the paint with light white streaks. I have tried megs ultimate qd on the clearcoat cars and it always seemed way too slick to me. I never got the hang of it I guess. I got rid of it before I bought the car with single stage paint.

I just picked up a bottle of the Griot's...I enjoy trying new products...besides, how else am I gonna find out what I like best?

Originally Posted By: grampi
I just picked up a bottle of the Griot's...I enjoy trying new products...besides, how else am I gonna find out what I like best?

You're gonna like it - best way to use it is with a good quality micro-fiber cloth.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy

You're gonna like it - best way to use it is with a good quality micro-fiber cloth.

I have plenty of those as they are the only type of cloth that touches my paint....

Update: Just tried the Griot's last night and I don't really care for it. It goes on wet and runny, almost the consistancy of water, and if you don't wipe it dry almost immediately, it leaves streaky water spots. I still like the Original Bike Spirits the best...

Wow really? Streaks? Its kind of runny, but I never had it streak before, I do a real fine mist.

Update: Just tried the Griot's last night and I don't really care for it. It goes on wet and runny, almost the consistancy of water, and if you don't wipe it dry almost immediately, it leaves streaky water spots. I still like the Original Bike Spirits the best...

Sounds like you are not misting it on but rather streaming it on. Did you buy there sprayer/bottle kit?? It works great. I've NEVER gotten streaks, but if you are using CHEAP micro fibers than you can get streaking from them. Wash them well and they may work better.

I was really,really,really impressed with Surf City's Hot Rod and Speed Demon detailers so I decided to try the Barrier Reef Spray Wax.

I used it on my wife's red G8 GT,and I was blown away by how slick and shiny the paint it. The Barrier Reef gave the car an unbelievable glow and shine!

I'm not impressed at all with the beading though. It's pretty [censored] to be honest. The beads are really big,blobby,and flat. I thought the beads would be nice and tight due to the carnauba in the product,and with it being applied the night before.
I didn't use it on the roof for comparison purposes,and the beading up there is still nice and tight.

The shine is just unreal though as I said. Amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back