Best quick detailer/cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: GMBoy
Originally Posted By: grampi
Update: Just tried the Griot's last night and I don't really care for it. It goes on wet and runny, almost the consistancy of water, and if you don't wipe it dry almost immediately, it leaves streaky water spots. I still like the Original Bike Spirits the best...

Sounds like you are not misting it on but rather streaming it on. Did you buy there sprayer/bottle kit?? It works great. I've NEVER gotten streaks, but if you are using CHEAP micro fibers than you can get streaking from them. Wash them well and they may work better.

No worries, I'll just donate the Griot's to one of my friends...I still prefer the Original Bike Spirits...I'm telling you guys, you need to try this stuf...it really is THAT good...

I'll look for just about any detailer product on sale or at Ollie's or BIG Lot's.

Last summer at Ollie's, I found for $2.99/14 oz can of OPTI GLOSS Serious Shine. Blue can has a picture of NAPA driver, Michael Waltrip #15 on the can. I bought the shelf(~7 cans).

It's supposed to be a Waterless Wash but, I use it as a quick detail after washing/drying. Can be used on every surface of the car...painted surfaces, rubber glass, plastic, vinal/leather etc.

OPTI GLOSS also cleans the tougher spots that the normal washing didn't get. It cleans a little better than the regular quick detail products do, and shins the paint very well in the process, leaving a smooth finish for weeks.

I'll have to go back to Ollie's and see if they have anymore as my stash is getting low!
smile.gif

Last edited:
I forgot to mention....the Original Bike Spirits does a good job "hiding" the spiderweb marks in the clearcoat too...which is something I won't have to hide after my new paint goes on....

Originally Posted By: lexus114
Originally Posted By: Malo83
Originally Posted By: lexus114
Lucas has some stuff called fast wax. Work`s well for me.

This stuff is pretty good
thumbsup2.gif

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thats the stuff!! Oh, its speed wax. Sorry about that.

It is pretty good!

I been using the Slick Mist on the motorcycles - doesn't have a nasty smell either.
I buy the big bottles and pour it in the small bottle because I like it's sprayer better.

Originally Posted By: Racerjk
I was really,really,really impressed with Surf City's Hot Rod and Speed Demon detailers so I decided to try the Barrier Reef Spray Wax.

I used it on my wife's red G8 GT,and I was blown away by how slick and shiny the paint it. The Barrier Reef gave the car an unbelievable glow and shine!

I'm not impressed at all with the beading though. It's pretty [censored] to be honest. The beads are really big,blobby,and flat. I thought the beads would be nice and tight due to the carnauba in the product,and with it being applied the night before.
I didn't use it on the roof for comparison purposes,and the beading up there is still nice and tight.

The shine is just unreal though as I said. Amazing.

I cannot emphasize how lame the beading is with this product!

I used Duragloss Fast Clean and Shine for the first time today. This is an awesome product! It leaves a very slick and shiny finish behind,and it smells awesome.

I would rate this right up there with anything I've used. It might even be better than the vaunted Optmimum Instant Detailer. It's a ridiculously good value as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back