Best place to get cheap auto parts in Canada?

Pik n' Pull. I would try them, decent parts down here, but you are at the mercy of their current inventory.
If your vehicle is too old or too new, it may be awhile till you see the right chassis come through the gates............
then, back to the Reamership. : l

I've ordered from Rock Auto and they have good shipping rates to Canada. I've ordered Struts, Air and Oil filters, Power seat parts and more from them. When I ordered the Struts it was cheaper to ship them separate then together on the same order.

Here in Manitoba we also have a local parts chain called Piston Ring/Auto Value parts stores that has lower prices then say Napa Canada does.

For brake rotors and pads I've ordered from Max Advanced brakes out of Ontario. Free shipping (2-3 days to Winnipeg), great prices and I'm happy with the quality of the parts they sell.

Costco or Canadian Tire for tires.

Those are the main parts stores that I use. Hope this helps.

I've ordered from Rock Auto and they have good shipping rates to Canada.

Is there another Rock Auto that I'm not aware of, or do you live in the Evil Spock universe where everything is like the opposite of this universe? I tried to order some stuff from Rock Auto once and the shipping to Canada was many hundreds of dollars and many times over the cost of the actual product. It filled me with sadness. :(

Is there another Rock Auto that I'm not aware of, or do you live in the Evil Spock universe where everything is like the opposite of this universe? I tried to order some stuff from Rock Auto once and the shipping to Canada was many hundreds of dollars and many times over the cost of the actual product. It filled me with sadness. :(
Like @B1974, I've also used Rock Auto many times, and have found the shipping to be reasonable, but it might depend on where you are in Canada.

You could also try PartsAvatar, a Canadian online parts seller.

B1974, have you tried CTR on Wall St? A bit out of the way, but very good pricing!

with rock auto if your buying multiple parts , you have to try and get shipping from the same warehouse, so sometimes you may not be
able to get the name brand part you want.
otherwise you're double to triple the shipping costs.
buy doing it this way i was able able to get shipping down from $42 Canadian to $17

Are you close enough to the border to use a US mailboxing service? Had to ask.

I've had stuff from ebay shipped to me from canada.

Like @B1974, I've also used Rock Auto many times, and have found the shipping to be reasonable, but it might depend on where you are in Canada.

You could also try PartsAvatar, a Canadian online parts seller.

B1974, have you tried CTR on Wall St? A bit out of the way, but very good pricing!

I ordered some replacement lug nuts and a trunk actuator from PartsAvatar before and it was a good experience, but their selection is pretty limited and almost non-existent when it comes to more car-model-specific parts.

Pik n' Pull. I would try them, decent parts down here, but you are at the mercy of their current inventory.
If your vehicle is too old or too new, it may be awhile till you see the right chassis come through the gates............
then, back to the Reamership. : l

Every time I've gone to the pick-n-pull my car has been completely stripped already before I even got there. And it's also not a nice experience in the winter, which lasts about 6 months of the year here.

Another thing I've noticed is that there seem to be professional folks who make a living out of stripping these cars bare, and they show no respect for the vehicles. They break everything that's in the way of what they are looking for. They will literally cut the wiring harness of a radio or headlamp assembly instead of just unplugging it. What if someone else needs the effing harness? I have yet to have a good experience at the pick-n-pull but I will try again once the weather is nice and warm again.

Last edited:
with rock auto if your buying multiple parts , you have to try and get shipping from the same warehouse, so sometimes you may not be
able to get the name brand part you want.
otherwise you're double to triple the shipping costs.
buy doing it this way i was able able to get shipping down from $42 Canadian to $17

I once ordered a headlight bulb from Rock Auto and the shipping rates were reasonable for something that small. But they want something like $240 shipping for an $80 air dam, which makes it impossible.

I once ordered a headlight bulb from Rock Auto and the shipping rates were reasonable for something that small. But they want something like $240 shipping for an $80 air dam, which makes it impossible.
$240, gah! 🤯 I haven't ordered body parts or anything really bulky from RA. I think the biggest thing would be a pair of struts for a Sonic. On that smaller stuff, shipping wasn't bad.

have you tried Amazon? I find stuff on there (filters, brakes, calipers, wipers etc...), but I guess I'm not sure what you need...

just my $0.02

have you tried Amazon? I find stuff on there (filters, brakes, calipers, wipers etc...), but I guess I'm not sure what you need...

just my $0.02

Amazon.com (USA) and Walmart.com (USA) have a lot of model-specific car parts...but Amazon.ca (Canada) and Walmart.ca (Canada) only generally carry the generic universal stuff like lug nuts, motor oil, air filters etc. Walmart USA does not deliver to Canada, and even when stores do deliver to Canada, it's usually not worth the expensive shipping costs and duties that are slapped on it.

Just to give you an idea of what Canadians are facing when ordering parts, check out my post at 200Forums:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-19 at 7.50.13 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-02-19 at 7.50.13 AM.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 26
Every time I've gone to the pick-n-pull my car has been completely stripped already before I even got there. And it's also not a nice experience in the winter, which lasts about 6 months of the year here.

Another thing I've noticed is that there seem to be professional folks who make a living out of stripping these cars bare, and they show no respect for the vehicles. They break everything that's in the way of what they are looking for. They will literally cut the wiring harness of a radio or headlamp assembly instead of just unplugging it. What if someone else needs the effing harness? I have yet to have a good experience at the pick-n-pull but I will try again once the weather is nice and warm again.
Lol this has happened to me countless times. Literally get there the day the car is released and it’s already moth-eaten

Rockauto is good for shipping to Ontario. Not sure what the shipping costs are to Alberta. Not sure what you have locally besides Canadian Tire, Partsource or Napa.

Back