Best option for oil and filter 2022 Kia Seltos EX (heavy usage)? Inline 4 base AWD model no turbo. 0W-20 oil

And here I am using M1 ESP 5W-30 in my Sorento 😁 Let's see how long it will go.
Hey its under that class action warranty deal! Your good to go. I got to tear one down. The machining was terrible. Like 0 quality control. Cheapest cast connecting rods I've ever seen.

Hey its under that class action warranty deal! Your good to go. I got to tear one down. The machining was terrible. Like 0 quality control. Cheapest cast connecting rods I've ever seen.
I have the 3.3L non-turbo V6, are those better than the 2.0L TGDI?

Why is everyone suggesting something other than the spec'd oil? I don't live in a really hot climate. NW United States. Wyoming now, likely moving to Western Washington state in fall.
Because any Xw20 is the devil here regardless of it actually being just fine.

If I trusted the dealership (non corporate) in my current location I'd do that. Instead I feel safer with Ford dealership quick Lane for the next couple months until I move. I'll check out the kia dealer in my new area after the move.
If you don’t trust the dealership but trust that any modern car will run just fine without all the doomsayers around, find any oil that meets the spec in the manual or adjacent spec (dexos 2 means try an acea c3 oil) and change a bit earlier than the OCI in the manual. You’ll be fine.

It's a kia, the motor will be done at 70k no matter what. Kia motors are junk
'07 Kia 3.8L V6 Sedona engine was still going strong with 240K miles on the motor and did not leak or burn a drop of oil while having the vehicle bought new for 15 years .

'07 Kia 3.8L V6 Sedona engine was still going strong with 240K miles on the motor and did not leak or burn a drop of oil while having the vehicle bought new for 15 years .
Everyone with stories like this are all referring to pre direct injection engines.

Everyone with stories like this are all referring to pre direct injection engines.
True , I'm interested to see that with 5K mile / 6 month OCI's using any synthetic D1/Gen 3 , SP rated oil along with annual intake valve spray treatment (i.e. CRC) how these engines hold up ?

What have you used for any other vehicles you have owned? Was it a project like this with those vehicles as well?
Not so much as the others had no factory warranty or extended warranty consideration.

I still looked into it but just got what was speced that I could afford. Looked at oil filter reviews but mainly went OEM on that.

You sound like a nice guy or gal.

I would order Walmart supertech synthetic, 2 jugs gets you free shipping to your doorstep. It has the latest dexos gen 3 rating and is only $19 per 5 quarts jug. This is helpful when you're changing it 6 times a year. I would also use OEM filters but change every other oil change.
Excellent advice!

Any technical/testing/comparison information on this brand of oil?

Why change the filter every other oil change? How often on the oil drain plug washer/gasket? I do both every time. Every 3750 miles due to severe use requirements.

Just speculating here but that new mystery oil from Valvoline, Restore and Protect, might have some of the same secret sauce in it. Usually when one company comes up with a breakthrough the others follow.
Where can I find info on said mystery oil?

Not so much as the others had no factory warranty or extended warranty consideration.

I still looked into it but just got what was speced that I could afford. Looked at oil filter reviews but mainly went OEM on that.

You sound like a nice guy or gal.
Doesn’t matter what I sound like.

So just get what is speced for this one. Jeez

Back