Best option for oil and filter 2022 Kia Seltos EX (heavy usage)? Inline 4 base AWD model no turbo. 0W-20 oil

Ok I'm going to make a decision on which oil to switch to today. Right now my top contenders are:

1. Valvoline 0W-20 API SP & Dexos1 Gen3 compliant
2. Mobil 1 0W-20 API SP & Dexos1 Gen3 compliant.
3. Royal Purple API SP & Dexos1 Gen2 or 3 Compliant
4. AMSOIL SS (not sure about true compliance?)
5. Sinclair 0W-20 API SP and Dexos1 Gen3 Compliant.

Is AMSOIL SS seriously not certified against API or Dexos etc? Why?

Which is the safest for my 45k mi engine with otherwise no issues other than the standard tick of the in-line 4.
I like 2.
In the AFE flavor.

What standards is it not compliant with?
I thought it wasn't api sp or dexos or the other one.

It just occurred to me... From what I am heading it sounds like a more viscous oil would benefit the engine protection but it would void the warranty.

Could I possibly try looking for the most viscous 0-w20 available? Or are the differences just negligible?

It seems there are at least 3 Mobil 1 0w-20 offerings:
If I'm not mistaken the ESP should be the thickest of the bunch, and it has some strong Euro approvals.
Thanks 😊

There's a high mileage extended performance and an extended performance. Not sure what the exact difference is here other than one being marketed for 75k up mileage.

My understanding is that the advanced fuel economy is specifically for hybrids with lots of starts and stops with stops that last a little longer than just in between trips.

Is ESP X2 sold in the USA?

Thanks 😊

There's a high mileage extended performance and an extended performance. Not sure what the exact difference is here other than one being marketed for 75k up mileage.

My understanding is that the advanced fuel economy is specifically for hybrids with lots of starts and stops with stops that last a little longer than just in between trips.

Is ESP X2 sold in the USA?
AFE has several positives beyond fuel economy which make it the best choice for your Seltos IMV. "Advanced Fuel Economy" is just a name. Regarding ESP, there is much beyond emissions system issues that are concerns at this point.

AFE has several positives beyond fuel economy which make it the best choice for your Seltos IMV. "Advanced Fuel Economy" is just a name. Regarding ESP, there is much beyond emissions system issues that are concerns at this point.
Are you able to elaborate on what further advantages AFE offers? And what concerns are there for ESP?

I did not like the last generation M1 0w30 AFE as it was extremely shear prone. I'm going to guess it was by design to help pick up a few MPG. Based on the current viscometrics of the 0w30 SP, it should be more shear stable and part of the Triple Action benefits appear to be friction reduction with this new secret sauce XOM is using.

I did not like the last generation M1 0w30 AFE as it was extremely shear prone. I'm going to guess it was by design to help pick up a few MPG. Based on the current viscometrics of the 0w30 SP, it should be more shear stable and part of the Triple Action benefits appear to be friction reduction with this new secret sauce XOM is using.

This new Triple Action Formula is intriguing especially if one of the three components is a bio synthetic base. Mobil seems to be following Chevron as they too are working towards a bio synthetic base with their Novvi partnership. It appears that a trend is forming.

Great point.
0W20 AFE is composed differently.
I do not agree with OPs trying to use 0W20 to keep KIA happy .
But it is his call.

This new Triple Action Formula is intriguing especially if one of the three components is a bio synthetic base. Mobil seems to be following Chevron as they too are working towards a bio synthetic base with their Novvi partnership. It appears that a trend is forming.
There it is, pimtac.
NOVVI.
Could not remember their name.
I am going to march into their headquarters.
Next time I'm in Alameda.

It does appear that way. Pretty interesting.

The Triple Action Benefits stated by XOM on their website match what they were saying about the discovery made with Red Bull - more power, cleaner and better wear protection.

"Mobil 1's Triple Action+ Formula to combine outstanding engine performance, protection, and cleanliness with the added benefit of maximized engine power. Specialty components in synthetic oil reduce friction, helping to prevent and remove sludge buildup in just one oil change. This technologically advanced formulation provides 20X better** internal engine heat protection than industry standards (up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit)"

Back