Best oil for my autos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 89 Toyota 4WD, an 01 Nissan Sentra and a 06 Mazda 2300. Looking to get all of them on one brand. Currently have the Toy on Valvoline Maxlife 10W-30, the Nissan on 5W-30 PP and the Mazda on MC 5W-20. Thinking of Havoline or MC for all of them. I do 3000 oil changes (hard habit to break).Using MC and Pur. filters... Any suggestions would be appreciated. Nissan and Toy about 10K a yr. The Mazda 25K+

3k ocis just buy anything SL/SM on sale and change away!
cheers.gif

You'll have long life and not spend $$ that you don't need too..

Take care, Bill
patriot.gif

BTW:
welcome.gif

welcome.gif

I'll Echo Bill in Utah's comment. With 3K OCIs (Oil Change Intervals) any oil with a API sunburst on it is going to be fine. Your filter choice is also fine.

If you want to really have fun, spend a little time on this board and you might be able to rid yourself of that 3K OCI habit. You could save some time,$$, and resources. But not everyone is up to that, and we understand (okay - MOST of us understand).

grin.gif

Yeah once you get past that silly 3K habit, you'll feel like changing the oil at 3K is a waste of natural resources. I would look at extended drain intervals on the first two and max non-severe service interval on the new car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back